ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My V6 got towed today....

3.0ltr V6

Boo hoo! Got in my car this morning and the engine manigment system light came on. Just got to work and had to phone Renault Assistance who obviously couldnt fix it by the road. I had to see it get lifted on a lorry as one of the cylinders is knackered. My poor car is all alone in some garage :(

Vee dub

Sorry to hear that

At least it wasnt for parking on double yellows! (thought thats what u may have done) lol

Im sure shell be well again soon :D

3.0ltr V6

I know. Im gutted. Thank god for warranty! Hopefully il get it back tomoro. Everyone at work had a good chuckle. Gits! lol. Thanks for the sympathy guys. Needed at mo. :D

3.0ltr V6

Yeay! Thanks James. Im driving about in a Fiat Punto now. Hope no-one sees me, lol. Its only a 1.2. Thought about overtaking on the way home but couldnt, lol.

Volvo S60 T5

Poor Vee, dont worry I expect it will be looked after very well.

-----------------------------------------------------------
My poor car is all alone in some garage :(
-----------------------------------------------------------

Probably fixed now and be ragged by the 17 year old apprentice for the night:p

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 21 February 2005

Thanks Gee ......
Kidding mate sorry. Ive had my moto towed..best looking car Ive seen on a tow truck.

Left my internal light on and deaded the battery, doh! Hope it gets well soon mate!

3.0ltr V6

Nah its not Mike. I forgot to tell Tracker and they just called me to say that my car has been on the move without my permission on the back of a truck. Great service. Its sitting on the back of a tow truck at mo in Huntingdon. Anyone thinking of getting a tracker, I would highly recommend it.

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by GeeUK on 21 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 21 February 2005

Thanks Gee ......
Kidding mate sorry. Ive had my moto towed..best looking car Ive seen on a tow truck.

Left my internal light on and deaded the battery, doh! Hope it gets well soon mate!
modest!

ive seen a few upmarket cars on tow trucks, how ive laughed! Jags, Mercs, etc
But no offence Bailey, Ive had the towing feeling too!

[Edited by POW_Clio on 21 February 2005 at 8:49pm]

Volvo S60 T5

Haha, sorry Bailey couldnt resist that.:oops:

As to trackers, Im wanting one, is the service contract expensive? whats it cost a year?

Thanks

3.0ltr V6

How I have laughed too at the poor buggers at the side of the orad and on tow trucks but its not funny when it happens to you. I can see the funny side now but not when it took 2 and a half hours for them to come and get it. NO WAY was I leaving it all alone on the main road. Might not have been in one piece when the truck came.

3.0ltr V6

Well funny enough the AA Guy did mention the ignition coil but wasnt sure. He also said the cylinder. God knows. All I know is I havent got it and im having withdrawl symptoms already. He said that there are 6 under the cover and he can get to 3 of them but the rest are underneath the engine which he couldnt get to?

V6 Clio

The manifold on the Mk1 obstructs access a little, so has to be unbolted, theres 3 under the cover too that just pops off. The AA man did one of mine once as I watched. He kindly collected me one from Renault, as they dont carry them, and got it on warranty. If theyd seen my nitrous etc they wouldnt have been so obliging.

3.0ltr V6

Thats the kiddy TRW. He tested the 3 that he could reach on the top but couldnt access the 3 underneath. He tried to take the cover off but couldnt manage it. It will be on warranty as its only 2 year old but still its hassle isnt it. Not the same driving to work this morning in the Fiat! :confused:

deffo gonna be the ignition coil. everyone has had this problem i think.

im still waiting for mine to happen though, 10k with no new coils - touch wood.

3.0ltr V6

Hi Mike172, im not sure how much it is to have a Tracker device fitted as the V6s come with one as standard fitted to the car. It is just then up to the owner to register it and activate it. They offered me from TrackStar a Lifetime cover for £195 which is well worth it. The alarm goes off on their system when the car is even moved a foot without the keys being in the ignition! Doesnt matter whether it is being towed or loaded onto a lorry. Fantastic Service. Highly recommend.

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 22 February 2005

Hi Mike172, im not sure how much it is to have a Tracker device fitted as the V6s come with one as standard fitted to the car. It is just then up to the owner to register it and activate it. They offered me from TrackStar a Lifetime cover for £195 which is well worth it. The alarm goes off on their system when the car is even moved a foot without the keys being in the ignition! Doesnt matter whether it is being towed or loaded onto a lorry. Fantastic Service. Highly recommend.
got to agree with that, my v was loaded on to a lorry a few weeks ago and 2 minutes down the road my phone was ringing asking if i knew the car was being moved. well worth £195.

3.0ltr V6

deffo gonna be the ignition coil. everyone has had this problem i think.

im still waiting for mine to happen though, 10k with no new coils - touch wood.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldnt wish this to happen if I were you "iwantaV6". Bloody pain in the arse, lol. Mine has only done 19K miles so you dont have to wait to much longer! ;)

E91 M Sport

Damn you Bailey, youre starting a trend....I was off on my merry way to Bristol this morning, and 10 miles into my journey, the engine light comes on!

The car felt fine, but I decided the car was more important than work, and I turned around and took it to Renault. The RTE plugged his cable in, and the error was something like crank solenoid sensor.

The car is going in for a gearbox leak on Friday, so he said it could wait until then (but to stop driving it if it went into limp mode).

Coincidence? Not sure, but lucky, because Ive only got 1 week of warranty left....

3.0ltr V6

Sorry Mike. Thank god for warranty though hey! Mine will be on warranty too but why did they have to make the engine so difficult to access. He could have fixed it if it had been a 1.2, lol. Never mind. Im moving to Bristol soon :D

Ziel Nurburgring

How far did you drive to work with the engine management light on? Isnt that one should stop for asap?

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 22 February 2005

How far did you drive to work with the engine management light on? Isnt that one should stop for asap?
I stopped within a few hundred metres (I was on a main road so I couldnt have pulled over any sooner).

The RTE said it was fine to bring it in as it was, I think because the car was still running fine. The OBD (engine) light simply means there is an error code, I dont think it only applies to very serious faults, although with Renault they usually are ;)

E91 M Sport

Sorry Mike. Thank god for warranty though hey! Mine will be on warranty too but why did they have to make the engine so difficult to access. He could have fixed it if it had been a 1.2, lol. Never mind. Im moving to Bristol soon :D
Thats ok ;) what number is your car? perhaps they made an agreement to die together! lol

So youre off to Bristol, I hope youve made sure the Renault dealership there is a good one. Thats got to be a priority for any Renault owner! :p

3.0ltr V6

Thats ok ;) what number is your car? perhaps they made an agreement to die together! lol

Mine is number 400. Last of the model I expect. Thought I would go a few more months before anything went wrong but there you go. Would happen wouldnt it. Havent checked out the dealers in that area yet, cant be any different than the rest, lol! I didnt drive very far with the light on but then again I am a woman and thought I could make it to work, lol. I assumed it was the starter motor light playing up, thats about how much I know. Sorry I am blonde! :oops:

3.0ltr V6

lol Mike. Bless. I have no problem being blonde, its very handy sometimes as you can get away with murder, lol. Ive just spoken to Renault and it looks as though im stuck with my Fiat Punto for another night, arhhhhhhh! :mad:

jesus, now whats the chances of me using my car today and getting my light on too?

i have a warranty but its agro having to drop the car and all that, mine is number 10 so maybe they put more effort into the first few. :D

bailey - they not looked at yours yet?

oh and mike - did you watch him diag your car?

need to know where the diag socket is, i have diags equipment at work so would be useful to know

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by iwantaV6 on 22 February 2005

oh and mike - did you watch him diag your car?

need to know where the diag socket is, i have diags equipment at work so would be useful to know

Errr...no :oops: I also wondered where it was after it was done.

v6 mk2

hope this isnt a bad omen for every1 with a vee!!! mines has done 14k and touch wood no probs so far, still in warranty so im not 2 worried, evry1 on here keeps going on about the coils, is this a common fault with them aye?

bailey, my v6 is number 401, did they make 500??

3.0ltr V6

Hey cliov6, awww yours was after mine, bless. Ive not had any problems with mine but it sounds as though it maybe a common fault with the coils. Easy to fix if they could get to them, lol. I beleive they did make 500 so we are one of the last ones.

Oh and Mike, the Diag thingy is under the ashtray! I was watching him. Pop it out and its underneath.

Hey iwantav6 - no they hadnt looked at it today. Too busy apparently. Looks as though I will get it back tomoro. Not sure how much longer I could drive that Fiat for!

v6 mk2

if mine are going to go i hope it is still under warranty!!!!

i drive a 1.3 fiesta during the week and keep the vee for weekends so i know how you must feel bailey!!!;)

i think it helps keep the clio special if you dont drive it for a while then get back into it and nearly spin at the 1st corner you come to!!!!! lol.

the fiestas alot cheaper to run aswell!!!!

i never got the ehos behind paying for the trackstar out of my own pocket .. if my vee gets nicked i reckon its up to the insurance company to want to know where the car is .. not me .they the ones that are gonna have to pay out. And if you dont agree with that then another scenario... when the car does get nicked pay 195 quid to find out where it is rather than paying sh*tloads of cash for something that probably wont happen ! ( thats if paying on the annual subscription rip off plan)

Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 22 February 2005

got to agree with that, my v was loaded on to a lorry a few weeks ago and 2 minutes down the road my phone was ringing asking if i knew the car was being moved. well worth £195.
hmmmm what would you have done if you didnt know it was being moved??.. the car is still gone , the damage is already done to the car. You have just paid 195 quid for some one to tell you that some scrotum has just battered the fuk out of ur car whilst trying to nick it... something you will find out in due course. havnt registered mine .. id have apop at the ins comp to locate it and if it means they have to pay then .. thats up to them