ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My V6 got towed today....

Quote: Originally posted by miketheman2k on 22 February 2005

So youre off to Bristol, I hope youve made sure the Renault dealership there is a good one. Thats got to be a priority for any Renault owner! :p
they aint bad ..proper fit bird on the front desk !!! got me a new gearbox for mine .. never batted an eyelid !! in fact they were most accomodating

3.0ltr V6

Oh dear vee6, you arent a happy bunny are you, lol. I can see your point about the fact if its nicked its nicked and theres not alot you can do but it does make your insurance cheaper if your tracker is activated! That was my main reason for doing it. You had a car nicked before or something? Sounds like you are talking from experience. I havent and touch wood never will.

Well I had my last car got nicked ( 200bhp 5GTT) and it had NO tracker, the police couldnt find it, and in fact the guy that stole it had changed the plates and was driving around in it for one month, the only reason it was found in the end was that it got into a police chase for speeding and ended up written off with the thief DEAD....

If it had had a tracker fitted it would have been found straight away, of course it may still have been in a police chase, we will never know, but I would like to think they would have found it parked up somewhere?

I have my tracker on....just in case....lol

Simon

BTW, sorry to hear about yout Vee Bailey, hope all turns out OK for you.

3.0ltr V6

Hey Simon sorry to hear about your last car. I would hate for my car to be nicked. Not a very nice experience im sure. Ive just spoken to Renault and they may not get my car done today! FFS. :( :mad:

Renault love taking there time, mine went in ofr a new clutch (warranty) and took them 9 days.......also went in for wheel alignment ( because they screwed it up when doing clutch) took them a future 3 days......they seem to be a bunch of:ps....lol

not trying to worry u or owt.....lol

Simon

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 23 February 2005

Hey Simon sorry to hear about your last car. I would hate for my car to be nicked. Not a very nice experience im sure. Ive just spoken to Renault and they may not get my car done today! FFS. :( :mad:
Stupid Renault, they lead you on, saying that theyll have a look at it straight away....and 2 days later youre still waiting! Make sure you write a letter to Renault UK expressing your displeasure with them. You might get some vouchers! :p

Quote: Originally posted by miketheman2k on 23 February 2005

Stupid Renault, they lead you on, saying that theyll have a look at it straight away....and 2 days later youre still waiting! Make sure you write a letter to Renault UK expressing your displeasure with them. You might get some vouchers! :p

Yeah when I took my Vee in for the wheel alignment, they asked me to bring it in at 9am, so I did.

At 4.30pm I rang to see if it had been done yet only to be told "Sorry we havent been able to look at it yet", I went a little MAD at them...so they said they would get it finished the next day?

The next day I rang them and they told me that the wheel Alignment was out..... "No sh*t sherlock"....thats why I had brought it in... "Im sorry sir but we dont have a 4 wheel wheel alignement machine here, we need to take it to a near by HONDA dealer to fix for you", they did that the next day....doh....

Simon.

3.0ltr V6

I cant beleive it! Giving me great faith here guys, lol. Well the whole picture from start to finish was:- The Renault Assistance guy for a lorry at 4pm and said it would be there within the hour to take it to Renault before they close at 6pm so they could start on it the follwing morning. The truck (after chasing it up with several phone calls) finally arrived at 7pm Monday night to collect it. They then had to take it to their storage over night (as I was not leaving it at the road side WITH KEYS) which they told me to do, and for them to take it to Renault first thing Tuesday morning for them to start work. I called Renault Tuesday morning and they said the car hadnt been delivered by the garage "Always" yet. I then phoned "Always" to find out what was happening and got told by the bloke that opps he forgot all about it! Renault got the car Tuesday but as it wasnt the morning anymore, they would have to work on it today being Wednesday. I then got a call from Renault this afternoon saying that the AA guy forgot to leave the spare part in the car that they need to fix it, so they now cannot start work on it till Thursday! They wont even guarantee that they can do it then either saying other cars are already booked in! I have now incurred 2 extra days car hire!!!!! Sorry people for moaning but im really p**sed off, angry and upset now. Ok, thats my rant over and done with. Feel better now. Sorry if I have bored everyone with my little story. :confused:

ooh that is sh*te news.

i paid £195 for a lifetime tracker, surely everyone got this?

sod paying a yearly fee, that gets expensive.

Volvo S60 T5

I cant beleive it! Giving me great faith here guys, lol. Well the whole picture from start to finish was:- The Renault Assistance guy for a lorry at 4pm and said it would be there within the hour to take it to Renault before they close at 6pm so they could start on it the follwing morning. The truck (after chasing it up with several phone calls) finally arrived at 7pm Monday night to collect it. They then had to take it to their storage over night (as I was not leaving it at the road side WITH KEYS) which they told me to do, and for them to take it to Renault first thing Tuesday morning for them to start work. I called Renault Tuesday morning and they said the car hadnt been delivered by the garage "Always" yet. I then phoned "Always" to find out what was happening and got told by the bloke that opps he forgot all about it! Renault got the car Tuesday but as it wasnt the morning anymore, they would have to work on it today being Wednesday. I then got a call from Renault this afternoon saying that the AA guy forgot to leave the spare part in the car that they need to fix it, so they now cannot start work on it till Thursday! They wont even guarantee that they can do it then either saying other cars are already booked in! I have now incurred 2 extra days car hire!!!!! Sorry people for moaning but im really p**sed off, angry and upset now. Ok, thats my rant over and done with. Feel better now. Sorry if I have bored everyone with my little story. :confused:
Should have gone to a good dealer! thats shocking:eek:

Oh and cheers for the tracker info, the RAC trackstar plus looks ace, even lets you know when speed cams are about via GPS.

http://www.ractrackstar.com/http://www.ractrackstar.com/

A bit pricey so will wait till after my holiday before getting one.

Oh dear vee6, you arent a happy bunny are you, lol. I can see your point about the fact if its nicked its nicked and theres not alot you can do but it does make your insurance cheaper if your tracker is activated! That was my main reason for doing it. You had a car nicked before or something? Sounds like you are talking from experience. I havent and touch wood never will.
im an ok bunny .. i just get upset at the blatant way that we let institutions extort money from motorists .. i think i pay enough for my car insurance.. without having to pay extra to protect the insurance companies interest too !! why should i pay extra( tracker fee) so they dont have to pay out on a claim and then they have the fukkin nerver to put my policy up come renewal .. like i said before the insurance should pay the tracker fee because if its stolen, a small investment by them could save them a lot of money in the event of a claim.

whatever happens to the car tracker or no tracker i will probably still have to make a claim to get the damage that some skag hed scrotum sak did whilst breaking into my car ..or what he did while ragging it ..i.e probably spin it into a ditch or summat .

So until mine gets nicked its staying unregistered.. and if it does get nicked (and i hope it dont ) i will aproach the insurance company who should pay the relevant people to find out where it is

Iff you have a Tracker you pay less or on the other hand they might not insure you.

You pays your money and takes your chose.

as simple as that

Mark 1 Clio V6

In my opinion it is non-sensical not to take the Tracker at £195. Cutting your nose off to spite your face kind of thing!

If, in the unfortunate situation, your car gets pinched then the police have a great chance of getting it back in one piece (or as close to one piece as it can be after getting it nicked).

If you are relying on the insurance company to retrieve it, I would say one thing is for sure - it will either be written off (meaning a loss in no claims bonus and you no longer have a V6) or you will never see it again (meaning a loss in no claims bonus or you no longer have a V6).

At least with Tracker you have a fighting chance of getting your baby back without significant damage!

Your call, but why pay so much money for a great car then not treat it with the respect it deserves?????????

3.0ltr V6

I can see it from both sides. I do get frustrated that you have to pay for this because you already pay for your insurance but if anyone is going to nick a V6, I think they would also like to keep it in one peice, either to resell or pass on. Therefore if you have Tracker, you maybe more inclinded to find your car in someones garage or driveway in one peice. Im happy that I paid for mine.

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 24 February 2005

In my opinion it is non-sensical not to take the Tracker at £195. Cutting your nose off to spite your face kind of thing!

If, in the unfortunate situation, your car gets pinched then the police have a great chance of getting it back in one piece (or as close to one piece as it can be after getting it nicked).

you have said it yourself .. or as close to one piece, probably stilll require a claim to get damaged fixed!!

If you are relying on the insurance company to retrieve it, I would say one thing is for sure - it will either be written off (meaning a loss in no claims bonus and you no longer have a V6) or you will never see it again (meaning a loss in no claims bonus or you no longer have a V6).

In the event of a claim no matter how big or small .. a claim is still a cliam .

To be honest if some c**t knicked my car and did any form of damage in the process whether it was doing a door lock or mangling the door on entry then kicking the sh*t out of it round roads then i dont think id want to see it again anyway ..

At least with Tracker you have a fighting chance of getting your baby back without significant damage!

the car has a tracker and not activated .. if it did get nicked all im saying is why should i pay the 195 quid to save the insurance company having to pay out because they couldnt find it .. the insurance company doesnt want to spend 24k ish. so i would suggest to them that they phoned up RAC and paid the cash to them so that they could retrieve the car .. saving them 24k ish .. and like i said before , chances are i would have to make a claim for damage .. door lock , window , ign barrel, steering lock and any other stuff that a car thief does

Your call, but why pay so much money for a great car then not treat it with the respect it deserves?????????

Trust me .. that car gets treated better than most things i own... i just have a great big chip on my shoulder when it comes to being ripped off, robbed and generally paying twice for things that should really be included in the price of such an expensive car in the first place.

i have made an investment in buying this car .. this is why it has insurance .. in case things go wrong.

Now i must pay an extra 195 to a company to protect my insurance company from having to pay out in case of theft..i dont think so !!

But as everyone says .. thats up to me and they are right , it is my choice

The insurance costs I saved have paid for the £195 one off subscription.

Anyway this thread is supposed to be about Baileys V6 being towed and the dealers being nuts and not about the pros and cons (or opinions of members) of tracking devices.

sorry for hijackin the thread .. i promise not to post about this subject of trackstar ..no matter how hard any fukker tries to wind me up !!! ;)

I agree with the not really wanting to see the car again if someone nicks it and goes for a joy ride. Hope the scumbag crashes and dies. Car thieves are excrement.

i agree with that too.

however, there is no way on this earth that the insurance company are going to pay the £195 if it gets nicked, they will tell you where to go.

well thats an issue the accountant sitting behind his desk at the ins comp is going to have to wrestle with

Quote: Originally posted by ChrisM on 24 February 2005

I agree with the not really wanting to see the car again if someone nicks it and goes for a joy ride. Hope the scumbag crashes and dies. Car thieves are excrement.

The guy that nicked mine did die, nice.....;) however that was ONE month after he nicked it and you can bet that he didnt drive around non stop for one month... at some point it must have been parked up and a Tracker would have found it, while still in one piece....maybe?

Simon.

3.0ltr V6

Well back on the subject guys, lol, of my car being towed....... ;)

Ive got it back! Yeay!!!!!!! Happy Bunny again. I picked it up last night and boy was it great to drive it again. Havent had it all week and its lovvvveeellyy. :D

Glad youve got the V back Bailey. Hope youre not having too an exciting time driving it in the snow! Had the wheels spinning at 5mph and 1000rpm in third yesterday trundling up the road. Most amusing. Then had to park in the street whilst I cleared the snow off the drive as I got stuck on the pavement with the wheel spinning like crazy and sliding left and right when I tried to get onto the drive (very slight incline).

Do you think renault intended the V6 for use as an Ice Racer? LOL!

(Hope people dont think my view on car thieves is too extreme. I dont normally advocate violence or killing of any kind. I just have a problem with Joy riders. They ran over and killed one of my best friends in a stolen car at 6:30 one evening. Police never caught them. Bet theyre still out there doing the same. Anyway didnt mean to hijack thread again)

[Edited by ChrisM on 25 February 2005 at 11:16am]

E91 M Sport

At least with driving the V6 in the ice you get used to exciting handling and it wont catch you out when its mearly wet!

Couldnt agree more with exterminating the scum of society. Was smiling when reading Simons post - shame they usually take down someone or something or someone elses with them.:sick:

3.0ltr V6

I have absolutely no probs with the comment on joy riders! The amount I pay for on my insurance, road tax, tracker etc and be a law abiding citizen and then people get BANNED from driving but still do it and dont give a tos* and then go and knock someone over. A Holes.

And are you sure MIKE that they wont keep your V for the weekend? I was expecting mine back Tuesday, lol but didnt get it until yesterday ;)

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Mine goes in for that recall tomorrow, no way is it staying.

Theyve organised two test drives for me as well, 182 and Megane 225. Should be interesting.:D

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by ChrisM on 25 February 2005
Hope youre not having too an exciting time driving it in the snow! Had the wheels spinning at 5mph and 1000rpm in third yesterday trundling up the road. Most amusing. Then had to park in the street whilst I cleared the snow off the drive as I got stuck on the pavement with the wheel spinning like crazy and sliding left and right when I tried to get onto the drive (very slight incline).Do you think renault intended the V6 for use as an Ice Racer? LOL!

Must admit mine has been hiding in the garage all week - the Meganes much safer and only uses half as much fuel :oops:

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 25 February 2005

And are you sure MIKE that they wont keep your V for the weekend? ;)
So amazingly sure, they can rebuild it while I wait this evening if they like. I told them when I was collecting it, and they have my number to let me know if they need it longer.....but if I get asked to leave it longer when I get there....it aint gonna be pretty!!

3.0ltr V6

mmmmmm mike, they had my number to (mobile) so they could reach me at ALL times but did I get a call. They said yes we will call you if any problems, lol. I called again and again and again to chase it up. They said yes im sure we can fit it in this afternoon, rang in the afternoon, opps no havent done it! Be careful mike......... theyre gonna have you.........

E91 M Sport

...and the sh*t in my glovebox by the sounds of it! Dude, wheres my car! Im going to buy a BMW next time....apparently they give you breakfast and free courtesy cars that dont have 1.2 engines.

3.0ltr V6

Ive had a BWM M3 before and yes they are fantastic! Give you tea/coffee even a sarny. Gave me a 325i sport in the interim.

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

The dealer I get BMWs from, when you buy a new car from them you also get membership at the local golf course (Wynyard Park). Had my 330 serviced there, took my golf clubs, got an X5 for the day and went there for 18 holes.

Thats service.

However, I did have my first road angel stolen from the glove box.:mad:

GW Clio 200

ahhhh preston farm bmw. can you not get some cinema tickets also and your tank is always full when u pick it back up??