ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My VeeDub Bor-ing... don't get your hopes up!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Can't recall if I'd put any pictures of my latest car on here (probably have somewhere...) so thought I'd create a lil' thread for those that may be interested.

There are further plans afoot, but financial commitments mean that it's a slow and steady 'project' (not really a project, but everyone seems to think their own car is a project nowadays...):

When I got her:

P1020294.jpg

P1020302.jpg

P1020303.jpg

P1020305.jpg

Badges and coilovers fitted (I wanted to keep it as low as the first picture, but I couldn't get off my parents' driveway...):

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

Freshley clean with a couple choice stickers. Also lowered the front a bit more (it was lower but managed to whack my sump a beauty and it was rubbing on the ARB, so back up it goes until I have some bigger wheels!):

IMG_0137.jpg

ToSort003.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

New wheels will hopefully follow soon and then I might mess around with a bit of colour-coding / headlight spraying if I can be arsed. This is very much a daily drive workhorse so nothing too extravagent.

Just for those who might pay a passing interest and it's occupied me for 10 minutes whilst my Villa/Wet Spam stream fails again... :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Man, you're parents are loooooooaaaaaaded!

Drive better with the coilovers on?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, my old man's not done bad for himself. Is semi-retired retired now with his own consultancy business so more time to go off skiing and walking. However, he has just bought a 55 plate Golf as his daily... :( I was hoping for a RS4/6 of some description.

Yeah, is a lot bumpier with the coilies on but not much worse than either of my Clio's were, so I'm used to it. Much more chuckable, as far as chucking a boat around goes!

Aye, she doesn't look quite as cool now as when she was first lowered down. These cars really do look awesome slammed with spaced wheels. However, the sump got whacked, the driveshaft rubbed and the ABS/traction wire chewed through...

She'll go back down ocne I've stolen my mate's aftermarket ARB and have got some wheels on it! If anyone has any nice 5x100 wheels in 17/18" they want to sell, let me know!

ph1 track weapon
hada brief spell with one of these. ebay coilovers and r32 wheels. looked awesome, but just couldnt hack not having a performance car, so it went for a 172 cup. am looking for a daily soon though, and will most likely buy one again

ed

BMW E46 330i Touring
Which ones are the TTV6's Gaz? I was considering some TT Comp's (thick 5 spokes) as they're pretty cheap...

I've gone from a Ph1 172 to a Golf GTi 1.8T, to a 172 Cup and now to this! I go through phases of needing performance to needing comfort and economy. This time I think I've finally outgrown the performance bug!

I never really drove the Cup how it was intended; it became a commuter vehicle and with the missus now working 20 miles away, it sits on the motorway most of the time. Diesel VW's are perfect for that!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
same colour as myne, didnt think it was mettalic first until the sun hits it and it a real bright green.

P151109_1221_01.gif

DCi 100
Thing is with Bora's,

Shat cars, boring as a stone.

Put a decent set of wheel on them and there cool as funk IMO! Love to see one with Lambo rims on.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I wouldn't say it's a shat car at all Alex. Looks-wise, yeah, she's not going to turn any heads, but it's a fantastic cruiser and picks up really well in 2nd and 3rd. You know you're getting old when a "pro" to a car is having a driver's armrest!

I'd love a set of 17" banded steels, but they don't seem to exist. I'm leaning towards a set of RH Toplines also, but by the time you take into account adapters, they get quite expensive!

Golf looks smart Ali, looks to be stuck in the same trap as me where it could really do with going lower but tends to encounter lots of expensive-to-avoid problems! You're right in the amount of flake that's hidden away under the deep green. Is a lovely colour when shined up.

BMW E46 330i Touring
This is the 130. It's alright but may look into a remap in due course. With that probably comes a new clutch though, as this one is just starting to show signs of being on its way out... :(

This is the 130. It's alright but may look into a remap in due course. With that probably comes a new clutch though, as this one is just starting to show signs of being on its way out... :(

I'd ditch the dual mass for a proper clutch first. My mate wished he had before remapping his. He did it the other way around.

Mate of mine had the 1.8t version of one of these, first one round here to be on coilies and 20" RS8 rims...looked the mutts, hes now got a little homosexual and drives a rover 200d :(

BMW E46 330i Touring
Gaz, what's the 'normal' clutch like for everyday driving compared to duel mass? I was chatting to the garage about whether dual mass was worth the extra money for driving quality and he seemed to think so?

Alex - Yeah I'm the same with regards to plain but stylish. Not a huge fan of polished faces, etc.

I don't know what the difference is like in driving. He went with a clutch rated for 400lbft IIRC, so it'll be heavier anyway. It makes an awful racket when sat in neutral but that just adds to the "sleeper" look of his Ibiza, running 233bhp and 385lbft!

renault clio 172 cup
used to have a GT TDI 150 myself, good power etc, expensive when the turbo/clutch goes like it did when i had it!

A well built VW
Dunno why but i have a soft spot for these, guy on another forum owns this - quality mods some so discreet you dont notice em

DSC_0060.jpg

BMW E46 330i Touring
That one on the Porka rims is stunning. Agree that the plate looks a bit odd though; people seem to go for the US style recess even if it doesn't necessarily work, just to be different...

What are those Porsche wheels called? £££ I bet?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Theres a guy round here with a Blue one on 19" Lambo (fronts) rims.

Looks ok.. Ish.

I much prefer the RS6 Wheels as they suit the shape of the Bora much better imo.

Turbos.
Yeah, RS6 wheels are great, and not as common as the RS4 ones.

There is a nice Bora near me, slammed on euro style wheels. Looks ace. I'd say do that, but then you lose your nice comfortable cruiser...

I was going to say i'm not sure about modding cars and then leaving the interior standard (and they are HORRIBLE inside), but the one above with the Recaros is mint.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Interior looks mint.

That Jap spec plate in the US holder looks crud though.

That one on the Porka rims is stunning. Agree that the plate looks a bit odd though; people seem to go for the US style recess even if it doesn't necessarily work, just to be different...

What are those Porsche wheels called? £££ I bet?

Must be 17". Never realise they made them that big unless they're copies??

the plate isnt a jap plate what gave you that idea i dont know, its a uk plate thats fully legal spacing and all that b****cks lol, puts a NY plate on for shows "DUBER31"

Im sure they are genuine 17" teledials must be rare as f**k, just recently had them refurbed with new dishes and all that jazz

BMW E46 330i Touring
I think the US boot threw some people out.

Looking into it, they seem to be 18's. They must be rare as hen's teeth as a search of be Internet seems to reveal no results apart from this car!

RS6's are always smart when stanced properly. Can look a bit poverty spec when just chucked on though.

ph1 track weapon
Always loved that silver one on the Techarts! was chatting to him for ages at edition38 and was gonna buy them when he put them up for sale, but then ended up selling the car.

Definitely wanting another, 150tdi, coilies and Porsche carrera 4 19s!

Looks good, im still planning on getting one for my next car

Commen as muck but they look great on the original rs4's

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
luke you dont happen to live up the northwest do you? i know a lad with a black bora with chevy turbines on it