ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Whistling 172 cup

Ultra Red Megane 225
When driving hard, particularly over 5k, I get a whistle from somewhere, I think its in the exhaust? has anyone else ever experienced this and if so what is it????

172 Cup
I think i get that in my cup as well, but the noise comes from the left side of the car, it hasnt affected the performance so i botherd about it.

Turbo_Charger_for_Cummins_6BTA.jpg

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Quite a few seem to do that.

The dealer told my mate, it was coming from the exhaust on his.

RS 172
My non-rs does this when you pick up the speed. For me it sounds like air coming in from somewhere near my feet?

Cup Turbo, Flamer
its the wing mirror. On the passenger side theres the temp sensor, on the drivers side there is nothing, just a hole, that's where there whistle comes from!

clio sport mk1
there are more than 20 threads here all with the same question.
I experience exactly the same whistle as you.
and this is my crack at understanding what is it.
there is some details in the thread i opened but still not a complete answer.

ph1 172
i had to replace my exhaust, and after that i had whistling when i was driving hard. the garage fiddled about with the seals etc they made and it has gone away. so my whistling on my 172 was definately the exhaust.

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
My 182 does it, I love it.

Its not the wingmirror as I taped the hole up. iirc its to do with the induction or the injectors.

P

phill172

i find on mine when you floor it you get a real loud rushing noise from the exhaust when the rear seats are down, when the seats are up it makes a whistling noise, could be that?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
i find on mine when you floor it you get a real loud rushing noise from the exhaust when the rear seats are down, when the seats are up it makes a whistling noise, could be that?

I first heard mine whistle when i had the rear seats down as well. It only really starts when its high up the rev range and its definitely coming from the exhaust....possibly the rear box.

my whistle starts at 6000 rpm and can be produced in all gears when I rev over 6000 rpm. No clue what it is, engine runns like hell so it don't bother me.

cheers

a good local mechanic i know test drove my car and he said straigh away its the exhuast! and he said he has had a couple that do the exact same thing