ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My White & Carbon 172 Cup

172 Cup Mk2 White
Gave her a quick wash today and thought id share some pictures as i havnt done for a long time, enjoy :)

P1010014.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010004-1.jpg

P1010005.jpg

Evo 8 MR
Always love white mk2's. Not keen on the carbon bonnet though.

Did you have the spray job done or did you buy it like that?

172 Cup Mk2 White
Bang on :D

Love the last shot! Shows off the bonnet awesome

New style renaultsport badge, white wing mirrors and black front bumper inserts and this'd be perfect. IMO :eek:

Cheers pal, what do you mean by front bumper inserts, the washer blanks?

172 Cup Mk2 White
Always love white mk2's. Not keen on the carbon bonnet though.

Did you have the spray job done or did you buy it like that?

Bought it like this mate, think it must have had a shell change at some point in its life, i rang renault and they said it left the factory blue.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looks nice but why the hell are you running nankangs? like ditches do you? ;) Do yourself a favour and get some decent tyres, makes the world of difference.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
This is Mosley's old Cup! I've seen this around Tiv loads! Super bright HID's right?

I live in Tiverton too... Drive a Mondial Blue Cup! Will make sure I give you a flash next time I see ya!

172 Cup Mk2 White
Looks nice but why the hell are you running nankangs? like ditches do you? ;) Do yourself a favour and get some decent tyres, makes the world of difference.[/QUOTE

didnt have a lot of cash at the time mate, will definetly be getting rid soon they are pretty shocking haa

172 Cup Mk2 White
This is Mosley's old Cup! I've seen this around Tiv loads! Super bright HID's right?

I live in Tiverton too... Drive a Mondial Blue Cup! Will make sure I give you a flash next time I see ya!

It sure is :) think i might have seen you a few times but yer give me a flash next time pal

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
It sure is :) think i might have seen you a few times but yer give me a flash next time pal

Sweet! I want a closer look at your Clio, do you go down Mac D's? I've seen an Arctic 182, Mosley's Bean 182, a LY 182, and a Cup ending in HLK around Tiv, you know anyone else with a Clio? We should meet up!

Sorry mate whats SRS?

Serious.
About being re-shelled... surely a more reasonable explanation would be that it has been resprayed at some point? Considering Renault didn't ever do any white 1*2's (other than the race cars)... I doubt someone would go to the effort of swapping shells TBH mate.

Anyway, get a splitter on it! It'd finish it off nicely!

I echo the comment about tyres. I would say get a splitter (carbon would match your car better) and spray your boot button white! I really don't understand why hardly anyone n CS colour codes the boot button - makes it look soooooooo much better!

172 Cup Mk2 White
Sweet! I want a closer look at your Clio, do you go down Mac D's? I've seen an Arctic 182, Mosley's Bean 182, a LY 182, and a Cup ending in HLK around Tiv, you know anyone else with a Clio? We should meet up!

Yer will definetly have to meet up at some point mate, dont usually go down maccys these days. Iv seen a fair few clios around tiv recently, seen all the ones you mentiond. Where abouts in tiv do you live mate?

172 Cup Mk2 White
Serious.
About being re-shelled... surely a more reasonable explanation would be that it has been resprayed at some point? Considering Renault didn't ever do any white 1*2's (other than the race cars)... I doubt someone would go to the effort of swapping shells TBH mate.

Anyway, get a splitter on it! It'd finish it off nicely!

My old man was a panel beater and sprayer for 20 odd years he reckons its had a shell change. Theres no blue anywhere, not under any of the carpets or anything. You can scrape away the paint in the boot and no blue so who knows :/

PB Clio 172
didnt they make these in France? Could it or the shell come from there at some point?

Love the colour and the car, perfect ! :p

Clio 1.5 dci
If there are a few clios in Tiverton we should sort out a meet in Exeter or something and get the word out, if it was big enough I'm sure people would come a little distance for it. I know I'd come up from torquay if it was a well organised meet!

Clio 1.5 dci
This Saturday, carting down in st eval. I'm considering going but the old man also wants his car detailing for his fathers day present haha, then an awesome beer festival in the evening, tough decisions to be made, but we'll see if many more people are up for the meet, if so get a thread started.