ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My williams clio 3

Clio Williams 3
Bought nearly 2 weeks ago. Have used a kestrel DA polisher and menzerna polish last week. 90% of the swirl marks are gone. A few straight scratches left under extreme light.

Here's a list of what's been done to it:

Bodywork is in exceptional condition and has just undergone full paintwork correction, removing swirl marks and stains. This has been protected with Dodo Juice wax.
No rust

The interior is in exceptional condition with all original interior. Genuine original Williams seats. No rips, tears, wear marks or stains. Genuine original Williams clocks - all working. Genuine original Williams floor mats.

Mechanically this Williams is excellent condition. There are receipts for thousands of pounds worth of replacement parts dating from 2005 to present day. The previous two owners replaced the following between 2005 and 2009:

Wheel bearings
Gear box mounts
Reconditioned gear box
New clutch and cable
Suspension bushes
Shock absorbers
Cambelt, tensioner and rollers
Catalytic convertor
Sebring exhaust back box
Cotton replacement air filter element
Anti roll bar bushes
Suspension top mounts
Clutch pedal and self-adjusting mechanism
Steering rack
Lower wish bones
Water pump
Auxiliary belts
Gear box oil
Steering column
Sigma Thatcham Category 1 alarm and immobiliser

Since owning the car I have done the following, some of which is really fussy stuff, which I hope shows you how particular I am with my cars:

Brand new front Brembo brake discs and Mintex pads
Brand new rear pads
New number plates
New Bosch wiper blades front and rear
Straightened steering wheel
Lubricated all joints, hinges and springs in the cabin to eliminate all squeaking
Tightened seat bolts and screws to eliminate wobbly seats
Lubricated rev needle pivot as rev needle got stuck on occasions.
Wheels rebalanced
New glove box hinge
New knob for passenger seat belt height adjustment
New plastic caps for the roof headlining as they were missing when purchased.
New OSF ABS sensor
New rear wiper arm
New interior fuse box cover
Full paintwork correction with machine polisher and cutting polish, followed by two layers of Dodo Juice wax
Parcel shelf speakers removed and parcel shelf replaced
Interior fabric protected with Auto Glym Life Shine treatment, similar to Scotchguard
All 4 tyres replaced
Clutch cable lubricated

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............

This week it's having the following things done:

Re-align front window wipers as they sit quite high
Replace all bulbs internal and external
Clean idle air valve as the tickover revs sit at 1500 after a long run
Replace washer on speedo cable to stop the speedo needle bouncing
Remove and clean mildew from rear boot strip as it's hollow tinted plastic and you can see inside it.

On March 25th it's having the clutch, clutch cable and pivot arm washer replaced as the clutch is an uprated one and is awful on the road

End of April the back box will be removed and replaced with a genuine renault clio williams exhaust from renault
Alloy wheels are going away for a refurb
Tyres will be replaced with toyo's - possibly the new r1r Toyos
Full laser wheel alignment
Maybe new corbeau seats and subframes
Maybe new steering wheel

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00108.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

Crappy work hire car
Looks gorgeous, I used to love these! That exhaust is huuuuge though, you could probably climb in it! :D

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
please remove the copy willy sticker from the bonnet immediately! :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Oh and they're not genuine mats, they're off ebay.

And don't get rid of the comfiest seats ever made. FACT!

New gear knob will make a huge difference too, not that expensive from renault. Any pics of the engine bay?

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Pocket rocket. Awesome little cars, if a little temperamental, at times.

Loved both of mine :cool:

Clio Williams 3
please remove the copy willy sticker from the bonnet immediately! :)

lol I've browsed ebay, pistonheads and autotrader for one of these and I never ever noticed that the williams sticker isn't standard on the bonnet!

And the mats I thought were genuine?? They have the renault label on the reverse. I was gonna buy copies anyway coz they're looking tatty.

These are the seats I think would look good:

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/corbeau-seats-carrera-reclining-sport-seats-p-436.html

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I bought some for mine - plenty of people on willy clio have had them... When the willy was new the only mats available were rubber renault mats, theres never been a luxury mat from renault made, certainly nothing that carries a williams logo anyway.

Those seats aren't as bad as I was expecting but they'd have to be good to better the willy seats imo!

Clio Williams 3
I bought some for mine - plenty of people on willy clio have had them... When the willy was new the only mats available were rubber renault mats, theres never been a luxury mat from renault made, certainly nothing that carries a williams logo anyway.

Those seats aren't as bad as I was expecting but they'd have to be good to better the willy seats imo!

ha some cheeky bugger has stuck a renault bar code sticker on the rear of the mats. Ok so I can just buy and set of mk1 mats then? Do dealers still do them?

I like the seats but theyre a bit too soft for me. I feel the backs aren't solid enough and I feel like I'm falling down the back of a sofa lol

Clio Williams 3
Do you have to remove the family of foxes from the silly exhaust every morning?

yep and the postman. I'm replacing it with a standard exhaust at the end of April for £116 + vat from the dealer, plus about £30 for a local fitter to replace it. It bangs on the bumper constantly.

The idea is to replace everything back to stock.

Last edited:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
keep those mats, best option really, I asked for them without the logos though as they tend to get dirty quickly.

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
Lovely !!

Please, please, please keep it standard tho, such a mint example deserves nothing less.

Clio Williams 3
Nice, whats the mileage of her

102,000 so far! Was thinking of a rebuild but some members on the other forum have done 145k+ with regular track use. This is my daily driver after getting refused car credit. These are what I used to own before the williams:

DSC02054.jpg

DSC02056.jpg

DSC02062.jpg

DSC01865.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC01602-1.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

DSC01601.jpg

DSC01610.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

DSC01014.jpg

DSC01013.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

DSC00690-1.jpg

DSCF0191.jpg

Last edited:
  Nissan 350z
If it wasnt for the interior i would love to own a Williams! The constant worry of rust eating it thought would i think taint the ownership experience for me :(

Clio Williams 3
If it wasnt for the interior i would love to own a Williams! The constant worry of rust eating it thought would i think taint the ownership experience for me :(

possibly - unless you bought it with the intention of repairing the rust and treating the body

Megane 225 F1
Williams looks awsome!

Never seen a vectra VXR. Looks nice, i can see it having more purpose than those stupid people carrier VXR's lol

Renault Clio 182FF + Cup
Lovely looking Williams. Would be a shame to change the seats from std, I recon that car could be a concours example with a little bit of work.

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Love everything apart from the exhaust! I've got a mongoose for sale, send me a PM if your interested.