ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My yellow rs kangoo

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
Wasn't overly happy with 1st attempt needed tighter pie cuts. So cut more out and redesigned it. Much happier and ready to tack up this week while i wait for rest of my pipe work

Attachments

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
Got abit done to day, still to finish welding the exhaust, fit two bungs in it and make the trim plate.

Found making the manifold easier to weld than the two exit pipes. May make them again but for now they will do. Would like to have the all this made for me mind you. Costs would be high due to all the time

Attachments

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Doesn't having the exhaust and screamer hanging out of the bonnet kinda defeat the sleeper mentality of this? Also, are you only using it in dry weather, or are you putting some sort of stack cover on it to stop rain water ingress?

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
any updates
I've not done any more really. Needing to order connections, heat shrink, fuel lines. Still to finish welding the turbo exit pipe. Just been busy. But but i do have alot of nuke stuff I can start to mock up there positions. Again I'm probably best waiting till I have my fuel cell and cage.

As for worrying about the rain I have none for when in use. And plan to get some bungs to fit in when not in use/parked. Plan to have it in my garage anyways when it's not used

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I've not done any more really. Needing to order connections, heat shrink, fuel lines. Still to finish welding the turbo exit pipe. Just been busy. But but i do have alot of nuke stuff I can start to mock up there positions. Again I'm probably best waiting till I have my fuel cell and cage.

As for worrying about the rain I have none for when in use. And plan to get some bungs to fit in when not in use/parked. Plan to have it in my garage anyways when it's not used
Nuke stuff is awesome just ££££££

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
Got my an6 and an8 teflon stainless steel braided pvc coated lines and some fittings, and the tooling to make the lines up. Had a go. Pvc coated lines are heavy duty b*****d to get an fittings on but they do go on. Be ideal under the van.
Hope to have them measured up this week so I need to decide where to mount my fuel pressure reg then can look at getting my fuel cell and injectors

Attachments

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I used that hose. Tough job.
I used the jaws that go in a vice and wd40 which helped loads

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
Sized up the an6/8 hose ready to get cut and also where I'm mounting the fuel pressure regulator. Need to get the hose clamps for the underside and chassi leg.

Then make the rail to fpr hose and that will be that done till I get my fuel cell and sort out where I'm putting that and the swirl pot/pumps

Attachments

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Interested to see the caster kit going on. I’ve got the kit but long way off even opening the packet 😂

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Cool thread, i've just made my own exhaust too (check the mr2 thread if you haven't already!) and I know your pain about it all haha

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
Cool thread, i've just made my own exhaust too (check the mr2 thread if you haven't already!) and I know your pain about it all haha
Yeah it was abit of a ball ache but got it on my 1st go so was happy with it considering I hadnt done it before. Probably end up making a full system as a back up instead of bonnet exit.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
Cleared out the van the bit today. My atl tank came. Just waiting on the container.

So got the swirl tank and pumps out and checked to see how I'm going to do it. Looks like im going to now run them inside down the o/s sill and have a cover over them

Attachments

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
Started making my intercooler and make room for it.also removed the engine to refresh it.

Attachments