ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mysterious warning light

Lionel Richie
red engine light with STOP written inside it flashing (it can be found under the right indicator symbol on the dash pannel)

anyone know?

Breaking A 172 Replica
This happened once when I kicked down from 5th to 2nd (went for 4th :S).

The car lost all power and STOP flashed repeatedly until I restarted the engine.

Lionel Richie
its not the STOP light

its a red engine symbol with stop written inside it flashing

i've never ever seen it

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
sounds like an engine management light.

prob when the car goes into safe mode??

Renault Clio 1.5 DCI
its not the STOP light

its a red engine symbol with stop written inside it flashing

i've never ever seen it

Control lamp for engine coolant temperature.
If it shine constantly then the engine is overheated.
Thats what the manual says.

Last edited:
  Breaking A 172 Replica
Yeah thats the one I was referring to.

Looks like the emissions light but with STOP written over it inside the rectangular box?

Lionel Richie
its actually an outline of an engine with stop written inside it, as i said its flashing, control lamp for exhaust gas eh??? hum

we think its either an earth problem, or a knackered UCH

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
The handbook shows it as being a primary warning for the secondary warning lights for, Oil pressure low, water temp High, brake fluid or pads warning or alternator failure.

If its on, on its own, God knows Fred !!!!!!!!

Clio v6
Handbook says:

Fredishot.jpg

Last edited:
  Renault Clio 1.5 DCI
Handbook says:

Coolant temperature warning light.

If this lights up when vehicle is being driven, it indicates that the engine is overheating. Stop and allow the engine to run at idle speed for a minute or two. The temerature should drop. Otherwise, stop the engine. Allow it to cool down before checking the coolant level. Contact a Renault Dealer for help.

Right!

Lionel Richie
i've never seen this light EVER and it happens to my car LOL, oh well off to the CLIP

its not overheatiing, or oil, or brake fluid

Fred I might have the answer will drop you a call tomorrow if i get chance to check for sure.

Its most likly to do with the engine bodye ie elec rack etc with regards speed and coolent.

Well the ECU has a twin stage warning light the coolent temp light comes on at different temps depending on the speed if your isn't set up right you are likly to be getting the light as the car doesn't know the speed your doing I won't mention what speed it is on the forum for your sake.