ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N0ddie's JCW

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Got ourselves a JCW a couple of weeks ago as life with 2 sensible cars was getting a tad tedious. Traded in the Volvo V-40 for it.

The car is Thunder grey with red roof. We also added the chilli and media XL packs. We also added the heated windscreen, seats and the adjustable suspension. A nicely equipped but not overly spec'd car.

37539447492_b58164a25a_b.jpg

36861281304_728c5a40d0_b.jpg

36901776993_d7433330c1_b.jpg

My little helper in the background:

36901775283_afd384bbc8_b.jpg

36861276694_1eb3d55649_b.jpg

Initial thoughts on the car (Only had it 2 weeks) are positive. It definitely feels faster than my old Fiesta ST but not sure if it only feels faster but actually isnt any faster? The biggest "issue" is the runflat tyres offer up oodles of understeer on anything other than a bone dry road surface. This would pose an obvious issue when taking it on the track (Weather in Scotland for trackdays is 80% chance of being wet lol) but easily solved by going for alternative rubber (Not made my mind up on what rubber yet).

Plans are to keep it looking OEM. I'll be scouring eBay, Gumtree and the likes for a set of the black JCW wheels which I'll put the nicer rubber on. I've already got 1 wheel on its way for a very good price, so fingers crossed the other 3 will be as easy to find. There is no rush here though as we are heading into winter so its first trackday is a good few months away.

I've also ordered a set of front and rear light surrounds to replace the chrome items supplied with the car. Hopefully they'll be here this week. I'm still unsure if I want to change the bigger chrome surround on the front for a black alternative.

So there we have it. Oh, doing the North Coast 500 in a couple of weeks which I'll be sure to take gazillions of photos on and put the Mini through its first real test

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Very nice, used to dislike the looks of these but they are certainly growing on me.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Gorgeous car ! Really like the red bits and my god those front brakes look enormous !

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely. They drive brilliant!! They did a brilliant job with this model drive wise.

The rear chrome trims break really really easily. Throw in a bit of heat to help.

Oh and at least you're already ditching the runflats! Horrid tyre on a driver's car! Get some ps4s!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
That looks great.

My only issue with the newer minis is the size of the rear lights..they’re huge!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Really nice, my mate at work has one the same but lowered with spacers and it looks great.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
This version of the mini has grown on me a lot lately but I still cant get over how big they are for what is called a "mini" lol.
Nice colour and spec I hope you enjoy it.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Worst driving “sporty” front driver I’ve ever driven sadly. When I bought the Mrs one I was all giddy after owning my GP. Sadly the way it pulls about is awful and the 1st to 2nd change is weird due to the ratios.

It’s well screwed together though and the Mrs likes pottering about in it.