ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N95 Tricks

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I noticed there's some good things on the forum that you can do with an N95 (as standard or with add ons). So thought we could keep a log of what it can do, for ppl who might wanna add to their own N95 or for prospective buyers. So to start off:

* GPS for sat nav (can it track travelling speed?)
* Lightsabers
* Wifi
* Office Apps
* TV quality video recorder and TV output

Don't know much about the N95 as always been more of an SE lad but now starting to get tempted with this, so keep adding to the list guys!

SchwepTek™
* High Quality, auto-focus, 5 mega pixel camera
* 2mb broadband speed HDPSA internet access
* Real Player - for watching high quality films
* YouTube/Flash Plugin for Internet Browsing (coming soon)
* RotateMe - iPhone style automatic screen rotating (coming soon)
* UPnP - for streaming/use as media centre
* Direct headphone input - no messing with adaptors
* Runs Symbian OS - hundreds of freeware apps available!!!

a renault
What's the battery life like on it? I've been considering buying one, but have been put off by some reports saying the battery life is crap. Was wondering from an actual User's real life opinion on it.

SchwepTek™
LOL....

It needs charging every night!!!

Lasts me the day but when I go out it is normally dead by about 2 in the morning. So thats about 15 hours moderate useage.

The only way you will get more than one days use out of the battery is if you have a nuclear power plant in your pocket complete w**k is the battery.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
I noticed there's some good things on the forum that you can do with an N95 (as standard or with add ons). So thought we could keep a log of what it can do, for ppl who might wanna add to their own N95 or for prospective buyers. So to start off:

* Lightsabers
* Wifi
* Office Apps

Don't know much about the N95 as always been more of an SE lad but now starting to get tempted with this, so keep adding to the list guys!

What on Earth is LightSabers?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
My 8GB last around 2 days before it dies. Thats with moderate usage.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member

* Lightsabers
* Wifi
* Office Apps

What on Earth is LightSabers?

you can become darth!!!

SchwepTek™
^^^ LOL. I posted a thread the other day with links to application for using n95 as lightsaber!!! I'll find it.....

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Nokmote - Use the N95 to navigate through the menus using the onboard accelorometer (sp).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmvsiTnQSqE

That is awesome!! So you just download Nokmote and it works?

Heard the 8GB uses harddrive when the ram is full, will the normal use the memory card when the ram is full? Does the ram get full often?

Does the internet by HDPSA or wifi work really well? ie. easy to view and navigate without a touchscreen? Net on my w810i is crap.

SchwepTek™
Yeh internet is awesome on both.

Its HSDPA, i misstyped it LOL.

Fulll screen browsing with a mouse pointer.

SchwepTek™
Yeh defo. Although it depends wot ya wanna use it for. I have a tmobile contract with web'n'walk which gives unlimited internet access over HSDPA. Don't think all networks have HSDPA yet!!! I download apps, images, check cinema times, etc with mine!!!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Well it'd prob be connected by wifi most of the time since its all over my uni. How do you use the mouse pointer? does it jump from link to link or does it move like a normal mouse with the d-pad?

andy, whats the bluetooth jacking?

Anyone ever find their phone gets slow or needs constant restarting? Any firmware updates to make the normal N95 run "better" like the 8GB?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Does it work better than Nokia maps? I only used it very briefly, but was good fo helping us get to a party. And its free from Nok www.

Is tom tom mobile a lot better?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
My mate downloaded the Nokia maps from their website for free and put them on his memory card. Then it just used GPS to track us. Totally free.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Just had a look at the website and it says its free to download maps on your pc and transfer onto your N95, that's what I ment before, sorry if that was unclear.

http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4405285

If you download the maps directly to your N95 when you're out and about then you have to pay.

Nope its not free.

You have to buy a licence to use the product i think.

Tom Tom is free you just need a gps reciver.

Tomtom isnt free if you have a legal copy.

Nokia maps application downloads map data via the internet which costs you depending on your operators internet costs.

If you download the maps program and load maps on the memory card then it doesnt download them as you go. The bit you pay for is Voice Navigation.

Also regarding the tracking speed yes the built in GPS applications show average/current speed travelling time,current location etc...

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Is there no way of getting free Voice Navagation? One of the reasons I want the N95 is for Sat Nav use, sure I could manage without the voices but would be nice to have.

Sounds like the phone to have atm.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Since v12 firmware, I can actually recommend this as a viable sat nav system. The voice guidance on smart2go is very loud so you can just chuck your phone on the passenger seat and listen to the instructions.

Worked well for me !

And yes the battery is an issue, buy a car charger...

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
And yes the battery is an issue, buy a car charger...

got mine free with the phone, my battery will last a couple days unless im allways on it (unlimited txts will normally mean iam always on it lol)

got the lighsabre thing pretty cool where do i get that menu thing?

Der Panzer
V 12.0.0.13
19-06-07
RM0159
Nokia N95 (43.04)

I'm assuming that's V12. What else does it tell me?

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
think ill give them a bosh now lol see how much useless crap i can get on my phone lol

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I dont think I can wait for my contract to finish now, I want the N95 now!Hoping the 8GB will be on orange or o2 soon tho, black looks sexy.

Does the normal N95 have the same updates that come as standard in 8GB N95, eg. better battery life, ability to use memory card if ram is full, etc?