ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N96 iPlayer help... 'unable to get licence'

1998 BMW e46 323i
I download any programme and then click on the file and it tries to acquire the unlock code (DRM thing),.. then it says unable to get licence.

I've googled my fingers to the bone,...

I've re-installed the latest firmware, I've soft re-setted, hard re-setted, uninstalled and re-installed the latest iplayer app (1.60), I've formatted my mass memory... I've tried getting the licences via packet data and wifi, and I've set my internet connection to 'always ask' and made my wifi priority 1.

iplayer streams fine on the phone, but the quality is shocking.

All I can find on the net is just endless threads with people having the same prob, but no solution.

Someone put me out of my mysery, please.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I used to be able to use the iplayer on my N95 8gb, albeit V1.0 Beta (hacked to allow N95 over 3g). Quality was absolutely fine, rarely buffering.

Recently, although it loads, everytime Realplayer asks to connect to service, I then just get 'unable to connect'. It's really annoying asit used to work fine streaming over 3g (t-mobile).

I tried other versions including V1.5 and 1.6.

1.5 allows me to download programs via wifi or 3g but although I get the drm license fine, when Realplayer goes to play it, it says 'unable to play media type'. It even went through a stage of registering the handset.

I've googled it to death to but can't seem to find what's gone wrong.

I'm running a hacked V31.0.015 N95-2.

1998 BMW e46 323i
as far as i know, the n95 is now unsupported by the bbc iplayer. Can anyone with an n96 help me out here?