ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N96, or O2 XDA Orbit 2

clio 1.4 sport
Hi guys got about 3 and a half months left of my contract but as I'm an O2 Select customer they will let me upgrade 3 months before it's due. I have no idea which phone to go for. I have an N95 at the moment and it's a bit battered so keeping it is out of the question. I've narrowed down the list of new phones to the above 2 but don't really know what i'd prefer. If i was to go for the orbit i could get that early as it's out now but i don't know whether it's waiting for the other to be released in august. What do you all think?

BMW F31
wait for the n96 i just got the xda orbit 2 had it for ten days and sent it back. its pretty unresponsive compared to my n95, and the texting and calling was a joke tbh!

2014 Focus Titanium
wait for the n96 i just got the xda orbit 2 had it for ten days and sent it back. its pretty unresponsive compared to my n95, and the texting and calling was a joke tbh!

I have had an orbit 2 for 3 weeks and had an N95 (fully firmware upgraded etc) for 1 year before that. Go for the orbit 2 definitely. Windows mobile is in a different league to symbian tbh.

There are only a couple of things i liked about my N95 which arent as good on the orbit and they are:

Scrolling about on websites is very jumpy
No different zooms for websites viewing

Thats about it. Texting is great when u get used to it, but the phone just rocks tbh. MSN Messenger is 10 times better than on the 95, as is running intensive programs in the background. Yes the N96 will be great but last time I checked it wont be out until the autumn, and even then it will have a hefty price tag on contract for the first few months.

n96 is scheduled for august but wont be about until nov/dec, mark my words. i will be holding out for that as well.

jamie

clio 1.4 sport
If I was to wait for the N96 where would I stand with my contract as it finishes at the end of august. would I just be able to carry the contract on without being tied in for another 18 months?