ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N97 vs iphone 3g

Ok so now I canceled the Orange contract thanks to that wonderful loophole, I need to sort out a new phone and contract. Two options I am looking at are:

N97 on Vodafone, 600minutes, 3000 texts, unlimited internet £40 a month

iphone on O2, 600minutes, 500 texts, unlimited internet £35 a month

now the N97 deal is available from phones4u so if I actually go in I can probably squeeze a good deal out of them in form of immediate cash back.

Also open to suggestions on phones and tarrifs etc. Want something similar to what I've listed above, tarrif with internet, decent minutes and texts and less than £40 a month. Need the internet as will be without a home internet connection in about 4 weeks time so will need some kind of access and was paying around £35 a month previously anyway.

Directly with vodafone you get 1200 minutes, Unlimited texts, unlimited landline calls and unlimited interent for the same price.. Bit of a poo deal from P4U really.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
did you get to keep your old phone & how long had your contract got left to run mate ??

Directly with vodafone you get 1200 minutes, Unlimited texts, unlimited landline calls and unlimited interent for the same price.. Bit of a poo deal from P4U really.

Hadnt seen that on the voda site, is that with a free N97 aswell?

Titanium 182
I would never ever ever ever buy a phone from phones4u.

I went in once and when they had done I felt like I had been raped.

The guy said I could have £50 off if I traded in an old phone, I said I would bring one the next day so he rang his mate and got him to give me a crappy old phone so I could do the deal that day.

Errr no thanks :S

A4 Avant
I won't deal with phones 4u ever again no matter how good the deal is after being mis-sold contracts from them twice.

I think with phones4u as long as you know they are rob dogs then you can walk away with decent deal, but in this instance I dont think I'm gonna beat that voda deal!

R26r R26
I have just got the N97 direct from Vodafone with the deal 172Ben mentioned. But comparing it with my mates iPhone last night I think I might have made the wrong choice.

Why you say that Rob? All i want it for is interweb as I wont have access on my laptop in 4 weeks time and then just calling and texting, so all the apps etc I wont miss

so as i understand is

197 FF is just as capable as a ph1 172 but that ph1 172 is a more involving experience.

So N97 is just as good, but iphone is better to use?

Is N97 good for web browsing?

sneeks: wont be getting a 3GS, its 3G or N97 as I refuse to part with cash for the handset.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Palm Pre is quite good, what about a new contract with Orange? HTC HERO?

172 Cup
I am in the same boat myself weighing up the decisions over iphone 3gs or n97.

Best deal is with mobiles.co.uk for the iphone 3gs - they offer a £60 cashback purchased through quidco so brings the white 3gs down from £186 to £126 once cashback received, pllus the money i make from my phone sale.

Only let down is the tariffs on iphone suck!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I would never ever ever ever buy a phone from phones4u.

I went in once and when they had done I felt like I had been raped.

The guy said I could have £50 off if I traded in an old phone, I said I would bring one the next day so he rang his mate and got him to give me a crappy old phone so I could do the deal that day.

Errr no thanks :S

I won't deal with phones 4u ever again no matter how good the deal is after being mis-sold contracts from them twice.

I used to work for them, and it was bad! Cowboys wasnt the word

I think with phones4u as long as you know they are rob dogs then you can walk away with decent deal, but in this instance I dont think I'm gonna beat that voda deal!

What's the deal with them fellas. Looking to get a phone off them although it'll be an orange deal. It says £35 a month 600 mins 3000 texts. £10 off a month for whole cont so I pay £25. What could/has gone wrong.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The N97 is underpowered considering it is the flagship Nokia handset, the processor cannot adequately handle the OS and it does bog down. A 3G or 3GS are both a better option, especially if net browsing is a main factor.

will have to see if I can get a play with one then. Not sounding good for the N97 tho.

is there any other handset to consider that I can get on Voda in the next month?

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
ive just ended my contract too,

im looking at the iPhone but the prices put me off, 18 month contract then having to pay £180 odd for the phone (£35 odd) a month contract.

then on the website there is no bolt on for unlimited texts? as you only get 500

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
HTC magic on vodaphone is alreet, nothing amazing, but android (its OS) is quite nifty. But it wont blow you away.

Citroen DS3 DSport
You could always wait and see if Voda are going to sell the iPhone 3G come October this year.

A4 Avant
What's the deal with them fellas. Looking to get a phone off them although it'll be an orange deal. It says £35 a month 600 mins 3000 texts. £10 off a month for whole cont so I pay £25. What could/has gone wrong.

First time they gave me a free phone by me having to take out the insurance for £10 a month but was promised I could cancel it the moment I left the shop. I phoned to cancel a couple of days later and was told I needed to pay for a minimum of 6 months. Also I was told I'd be given cashback to cover the remainder of my old contract, this ended up being paid each month by cheque which quite often turned up late.

Second time we'd been discussing 12 month contracts for the whole of the conversation, yet when he put the paper work through he'd put down 18 months. I didn't check at the time as I presumed he wouldn't have got it wrong, it wasn't until I came to upgrade 12months later I was told of this. The guy got fired over it, as apparantly he'd done it to loads of people to make the deals seem more appealing.

172 Cup
I've just had a look on dial-a-phone as I get £45 cashback through my work.

I've found the Nokia N97 for £35 p/m 18 month contract - 1200mins, unltd texts, unltd internet. Seems like a great buy to me - oh thats with Orange (anyone had any experience with Orange mobile internet?)