ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Name this bolt!

turbo 182
Whilst driving today I herd something come loose on the front of the car and then rattle then dropped out onto the road I managed to pick it up and its a bolt, same happened about a week ago but never managed to find whatever has fallen out, I've looked at what I can around engine bay and Carnt see anything missing/loose but I've just had belts and powersteering pump changed a few weeks ago?....
Car still drives fine tho?....
Any help would be great

ruzehuje.jpg
2abajyzu.jpg
a9u7eruq.jpg
hyjede6e.jpg
zyve9a6u.jpg

Thanks

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Would it be a fuel rail guard bolt? There are 2 of them.

If you've lost both then it would be rattling about most likely.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
M8 bolts hold the lower inlet manifold to the head.
There is also one long one that fits into the rear of the pas pump (3 in the front, pulley side) but it won't be one of those.

There is one that holds the Aux belt idler pulley but im sure you would know if this was missing.

There is 2 M8 bolts that hold the plastic lower cambelt cover on.

turbo 182
I've had another look, there is a bolt missing just below the rocker cover above the first branch on exhaust manifold drivers side and engine side of the brake fluid bottle I've tried to hand thread the bolt in but it gets very tight after half a turn or so so maybe thinking its something else?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
There is 2 bolts that hold an alloy cover on at the rear of the head but im sure its not that.

As I said there is the same looking bolt holding the pas pump on.
Id be looking in that area tbh.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397827880892.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397827880892.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 119
  turbo 182
Thanks for that picture I'm missing the rear engine lifting mount but that isn't the bolt ive got, any chance youve got a picture of the power steering pump so I can see better what I'm looking for? Thanks

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Thanks for that picture I'm missing the rear engine lifting mount but that isn't the bolt ive got, any chance youve got a picture of the power steering pump so I can see better what I'm looking for? Thanks

There you go.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397830777242.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397830777242.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 94
  • uploadfromtaptalk1397830801500.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397830801500.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 94
  turbo 182
Is the idler tensioner bolt the same? I think the bolt that has came off the tensioner must have dropped and been lost in engine while getting belts done and they have replaced it with a new m8 bolt as the bottom bolt is diferent to the top 1

The top bolt looks as if it says oav 8.8 on the head just like the bolt that came off the car has

turbo 182
Pretty sure the bolt thats came off must have been loose in engine bay and has just fell out whilst driving, and wasn't actually in use, if anything more comes of it I'll post on here
Thank you for all your help :)

Many.
Ah fair enough.

Could well be lower cambelt cover, although they shouldn't of had that off doing the PAS pump?

As me and Scott know from looking through his big collection of freshly plated bolts, its a pain figuring where everything comes from, even when you know lots of them.

turbo 182
Ah fair enough.

Could well be lower cambelt cover, although they shouldn't of had that off doing the PAS pump?

As me and Scott know from looking through his big collection of freshly plated bolts, its a pain figuring where everything comes from, even when you know lots of them.
I had the belts and dephaser done aswell at the same time, the lower cover is still intact tho

1.5 dci Expression
Are the bell housing bolts 8mm thread like that? If a couple have rattled loose you wouldn't notice until your box dropped out!