ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nano + skullcandy + mp3gain = JOY!!

I found the sound quality on my ipod nano 4g to be pretty crap TBH! I tried some super expensive headphones and it still was very muffled with nasty bass at higher volume.

So after a bit of reading around I ran all my MP3's through MP3 gain and set them to 89db. I also bought some fairly cheap 15quid skullcandy ink'd headphones.

The improvement is vast! Bass is excellent, I can use the Nano's different EQ settings and they actually work - even the bass boost does not go muffled.

Anyway, thought I would share, just in case other Nano users out there are having sound quality issues!!

mp3gain is freeware too!

Combo
Thanks for this JJ.

Downloaded MP3Gain, but I'm a lil bit lazy to fiddle around with it.

What happens after you've sorted your music, how do you get it back to iTunes?

Do you customise a location?

Bought some Sure in-ear headphones.. would recomend them to anyone. Nice and comfty and sound good when plugged into my Touch.

Thanks for this JJ.

Downloaded MP3Gain, but I'm a lil bit lazy to fiddle around with it.

What happens after you've sorted your music, how do you get it back to iTunes?

Do you customise a location?

Take all music off itunes and run through MP3gain - then reupload it all to itunes and ipod! Makes a big difference TBH!

Changed my mind about the headphones - they sound great untilyou move a lot with them and you get a lot of interference through the cable as it brushes against clothing! DOH!

Skullcandy fuching rock. I've got some sports. Listens to a friends larger pair the other day, they're insane. They also look fuching epic too.

SLK 350
Pisch headphones tbh, just bass heavy muddy sound... which happens to suit some music. But try listening to a classical piece against a set of Shure/Ety's. Same with all Sony headphones, muddy.

If you want to add some wang to your music, get yourself a Fiio, little inexpensive headphone amp. Works well to powering headphones that need the additional current to perform optimally. However, don't bother if you have an iPhone, all you'll get is interference, unless you use Airplane mode.

skullcandys, worst headphones i have ever had lol, they just look good. broke within a month (started rattleing, then a couple of months later the hinges all snapped) and with them having a massive warrenty (apparently if they ever snap or anything you get free repairs/replacements) i was tod to take them back to the shop i got them from. that shop was in the french alps as i bought them when i was snowboarding so they said theres nothing they could do about them lol.

sorry for the rant but they were like £50 and i was pissed off haha