ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nasty noise when locking drivers door....

After a few ideas that may help me here please!

I have had my alternator replaced today (after dieing last night), and since i have had my car back when i lock it it is making an awful screeching noise, as if it is catching or not quite connecting somewhere. It is still locking though. I have had a look at the lock and the bar in the body, and i cant see any obvious faults, i also lubed them a bit in case that was the problem, but it hasnt helped. It opens fine, and the passenger door is fine. I have run out of ideas now, any help very much appreciated.

Cheers all, sorry about the essay!
Jon

Cheers Jay, is that much of a job to replace? It has only just started making the noise, before it was fine/normal.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you would need to remove the interior door panel and then the lock mechanism so you can change the solenoid. easy enough job though.