ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ne1 have the EVO 172 vs GTI180 review

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Does anyone have the recent article from EVO where the 172 pisses over a Pug 206 RC (GTI180)

Ta

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

A cup isnt a 172?????????

shock horror!!!!!:eek::D

Basically I wanna know the outcome...stats...a scan of the pages would be ideal...but stats and summary would be cool ;)

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by viceroy on 30 July 2003

shock horror!!!!!:eek::D

According to Renault its a 172 Cup. So a 172 isnt a Cup and a Cup isnt a 172 but a 172 is only a Cup when its a 172 Cup and a 172 is only a 172 when it isnt a 172 Cup.

Now thats cleared that up hasnt it?

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I do have some more questions...my 172 has Cup holders, so if i put a Cup into the holder does that give me a 172 Cup? If I then add another Cup do I have a 172 Twin Cup? Or does the Cup in the 172 become a 172 Cup?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

shock horror!!!!!

Basically I wanna know the outcome...stats...a scan of the pages would be ideal...but stats and summary would be cool ;)
You know what I meant! ;)

There are no stats though, as they never did proper timed performance runs, just driving comparisons over some twisty French mountain roads...

Basically, the 206 is good, but the Cup is better! :D

Will try to get it scanned in.

VW Potato

I do have some more questions...my 172 has Cup holders, so if i put a Cup into the holder does that give me a 172 Cup? If I then add another Cup do I have a 172 Twin Cup? Or does the Cup in the 172 become a 172 Cup?
lol, no idea, but thats the sort of logic i like.

g

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

A 172 Cup with no Cups...Id send it back to the dealer to have them fitted along with the badges on the door pillars and the front splitter...but wouldnt that now be adding Weight to the car which is against the point of the Cup entirely...Just put a paper Cup into your cup...should really help out the power to Weight issue

Actually 2 issues ago - they thought the 180 was poo and the cup was probably the best hot hatch since the original 205 GTi....................

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by RSTDL on 30 July 2003

Actually 2 issues ago - they thought the 180 was poo and the cup was probably the best hot hatch since the original 205 GTi....................
Sorry, got confused with my conversations... :oops:

Talking to some others on here about an Evo test with the Cup in it which was out last year. Doh!

best quote is "if the pugs got 180 bhp,then someone must have sneaked a 200 bhp motor into the renault" lol bye bye gti!

clio wins!!,pug more comfy

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by towser on 30 July 2003

Viceroy- If you pm me your address will drop the copy in the post. Need to clear them out as moving house. <SCRIPT language=javascript>
Towser, would have really appreaciated that, but I dont live in the UK so postage might be a bit high