ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nearly 2 years on from buying my 182....

Megane Mk4
And yesterday was the first time I'd noticed properly AND realised...

passenger.jpg

driver.jpg

The drivers door doesn't have a key lock under the handle :S pmsl

Golf GTI PP Mk7
not all of them do, cuz in europe the driver sits the other side. yours MIGHT be an import, there is speculation on which ones do/dont have locks on which doors but my theory is they just wacked on whatever was lying about in the factory. my cup doesnt have locks either side.

tiTTy & SV650
cost saving, originally LHD being French and so only had drivers door locks, which on a RHD is a bit backwards but nevermind... lol

Megane Mk4
lewisniven said:
Yours MIGHT be an import,

Oooh, don't tell me this.. It's a 05 plate and I'm hoping it isn't :(
It has full uk spec though down to the last word in the uk manual,
I'll be a wee bit unimpressed with Renault if they've delt me a non uk model :mad:

Stealth Bomber R26
My 172 is a full UK car and the door lock is on the passenger side. Think you'll find its the
french way of saving money

Megane Mk4
With the way all clio's fall apart and rattle, I'm gathering it's not the only thing they saved money on ;)

LY V6 with Recaros
Mine's the same, only has a lock on the passenger side, but it's definitly not an import. I quite like the fact it's 'de-badged' on the drivers side!

Golf R soon...
Mine only has the lock on the drivers side as well and my car is NOT an import!

Surely its just a security feature.

106 GTi
DazG said:
Surely its just a security feature.

Ha ha! As if, read Rory's post further up

rory182 said:
cost saving, originally LHD being French and so only had drivers door locks, which on a RHD is a bit backwards but nevermind... lol

BMW M135i
My original dynamique had locks on both sides, the current one doesn't though only the passenger door.

Octavia vRS
The reason why it one has one lock is if, the battery on ya key goes flat and you dont have the spare with you, thats what i got told from the dealer.

All the modern cars in the Nissan Renault Alliance only have locks on what we consider the passenger side (on most it's under a cover that comes off when prised from underneath). I used to think it was strange till I went to the Nissan plant in Sunderland, 300,000 cars made there and maybe 10% are for the UK. Probably just a cost saving thing.

BMW 330D
I dont know if mine has locks on both sides

Will update tomorrow afternoon as its too dark to go outside and look now!

tiTTy & SV650
Robbles said:
The reason why it one has one lock is if, the battery on ya key goes flat and you dont have the spare with you, thats what i got told from the dealer.

still wont disarm the immobiliser will it?

Dealers talk shight.