ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*nearside rear light* please help!!!

ITB 16v hybrid
my 94-M reg valver keeps popping fuses for the rear nearside light. the brake lights and the indicators still work but the light doesn't!
please help i had to put a 20amp fuse in to get me home last nite as there was loads of police about and i popped that this morning!!! I have checked the earth on the tailight and it is fine, also the bulbs are all fine.

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance

matt

ITB 16v hybrid
i've checked for water in the cluster, tis bone dry....

its popping fuses as soon as i switch the lights on now

need an auto electrician to check wiring from lighting , as its shorting somewhere down the line ??:(

ITB 16v hybrid
yeh thats gunna be costly isnt it????
the wires are all wrapped in insulation tape, i'll just have a enjoyable saturday unwrapping all this to find the fault.... :(

Looking for a ph-quick...
good look dude! i had this problem on my old RT. the wire to wires had rubbed away there plastic casing and were just touching eachother. easy to fix yes but you gotta find the fuka!

Amir

mattclio said:
how did u sort taht problem amir?? just taped up the bare wire???????? :S

Best way would be to cut the wire, put some heatshrink on, solder the wire together and heat the heatshrink over the solder joint. Cheap and quick way would be to wrap the wire in tape