ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nearside, rear panel repair

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Some stupid cnut of a woman reversed into the nearside rear quarter panel at the end of September. The whole panel was pushed in by about 10mm
The cars been in the bodyshop for the past week and a bit. It took longer cos he ended up sacking one of his lads.
Screenshot_20211220_003229_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
IMG_20210926_121555.jpg
IMG-20211001-WA0002.jpg

Anyway. Here are the before and after pics and videos. What a good job he's done. There was alot more work involved than he initially thought. There were about half a dozen dents in the rear quarter and door. The dreaded but quite common corrosion inside the rear quarter panel and some corrosion in the wheel arch itself so he had to cut that out and weld a piece in.
The car looks like when I bought it nearly 16 years ago

😊
Screenshot_20211220_002902_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
IMG_20211224_192659.jpg
Screenshot_20211220_003014_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
Screenshot_20211220_003058_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great, looks like you found a great bodyshop to do the work too.
How much did it cost you in the end if you don't mind me asking? I've got a scrape on the passenger side of mine in a similar place, although not nearly as extensive, would be good to have a baseline figure.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Looks great, looks like you found a great bodyshop to do the work too.
How much did it cost you in the end if you don't mind me asking? I've got a scrape on the passenger side of mine in a similar place, although not nearly as extensive, would be good to have a baseline figure.
I had a few quotes and the place I took it was the most expensive. One quote was between £150-£180 😮 another was £340 but the one I went for was £900. I read a alot about this guy and his standard of work. He's a perfectionist. He did a lot more work than he originally quoted me for but he only charged me what he quoted. The car looks amazing now down the nearside. I'm gonna take it next year and get a new bonnet fitted and sprayed, dents down the offside taken out and resprayed, rear bumper sprayed and wheels refurbed.
I haven't got a quote off him yet for that work. He even gave me a box of Peroni 🍻

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
@MRBILLYUK - as you're local to me, I'd love the details of the place you used, if you don't mind?

I need both side arches doing as well as the usual petrol filler cap area.

Cheers!
He's in Darwen, so not far from you. He really is a perfectionist and doesn't do things by half.
He's a Chinese guy called Sunny Yip. If you tell him Andy with the blue 182 recommended you, he'll know who you mean.
Tel. 07809 774275
http://www.auto-spray.co.uk/

I'll definitely be going back next year, my 182s bodywork is suffering from lots of little dents, bonnet rusting through on the o/s corner and rear bumper needs a full respray.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I like the fact he sent you before and after videos Looks like a cracking job!
Yeah he kept me informed with some videos as to what he found and what he'd done.
One thing I will say @Darren S is go and see him and have a chat. You'll probably have to wait as he's always busy.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah he kept me informed with some videos as to what he found and what he'd done.
One thing I will say @Darren S is go and see him and have a chat. You'll probably have to wait as he's always busy.
Good stuff. I’ll message him and bob over in the New Year and have a chat. In a way it’s a shame I’m still working from home as being back in the office on Shadsworth would make him much closer. I’ve only been back in there three times since March 2020.