ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a brake pipe

2003 172
Hi All,

New to the forum and new to Clio ownership. My "bargain" 172 has failed its MOT - not too badly, brakes and pads all round and a reluctor ring at the front, and an exhaust mount - all this was after I had the front apart to replace the washer motor). Anyway - "No problem" though I, have done lots of brakes in the past, but have now discovered that the brake pipe across the back of the car to the drivers (O/S) rear was quite rotten and a small flex and it gave up and started leaking at one of the bends.
On removal it looks quite rotten pretty much along its length.
I can get some 5mm copper pipe and make up a pipe I guess, just using a standard flexi at the end, but would prefer to use the original part/style.
Does anyone know if this is available from anywhere or is it a stealer only part - I will call them on Monday, but any advise in the meantime would be much appreciated.

Also, behind the hubs is a small spacer ring (between the stub axle and back of wheel bearing). This disintegrated when I took the old hub off. Putting the new hub in wont turn without it (fouls on various bits). For the meantime I have sawn the end off a 24mm spanner and used that as a spacer with the old hub and bearing in order to be able to put the wheel back on to move the car around (don't worry - I am not driving it until this is all fixed properly).

Any ideas where I can get these from? There is a guy selling these on eBay - but they are second hand - again, am I looking at stealer only?

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Cheers @Matt e

@172_Woo_Hoo I can help you out and get your car through its mot :up:

Can supply brakes discs and pads all round, the rear disc spacers and also the genuine replacement brakes line with new brake fluid etc. Send me a PM with your reg and what you use your car for and I'll get some prices

Ps sort your membership out :wink:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
George, when you say genuine brake lines do you mean you can supply them preformed so its just a case of unbolting the old and then fitting the new one? Renault told me they just supplied the pipe, no fittings or anything!

SQ5
George, when you say genuine brake lines do you mean you can supply them preformed so its just a case of unbolting the old and then fitting the new one? Renault told me they just supplied the pipe, no fittings or anything!

I think he must mean the rubber lines, as I was told the same as you. The solid lines are just made up, no preformed ones available.

2003 172
Well, the one he sent me was pre-formed with the correct bends and fittings and the rubber sections built in just like the originals.

2003 172
Just as a final thing for anyone who is interested... my temporary fix to replace the broken wheel spacer so that I could get the hub and wheel back on to move the car around (it was not driven like this)....

Attachments

• IMAG0148.jpg
    IMAG0148.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 280