ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a decent Trim Detailer.. 'Back to Black' Type Stuff..

Any recommendations?

The GF's Mini has black trim round the arches and side skirts, and they are forever looking dull and grey. The black plastic bits...

TIA:)

These bits

4cfd9b4f.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Forum user! :(

Mate I'll send you something up if you don't want to spend £25 on C4. i'd opt for the C4 though as it's permenant and will save you doing it again in the next 12months probably.

If not I'll send you decent stuff up. Trim glitz by valet pro is probably the second best to C4 at the moment although not even close.

C4? Who makes that? TBH £25 is a bit much, but if its good I might. My car hasn't got my black plastics

LOL @ Forum User. What a pikey!

197 FF Glacier White
AutoGlym Rubber and Plastic care, used it for years, £6 a bottle and water beads on it lovely! Does inside and out, really good on your door seals etc.

AutoGlym Rubber and Plastic care, used it for years, £6 a bottle and water beads on it lovely! Does inside and out, really good on your door seals etc.

You mean bumper care? Not a bad product but can be messy.

Justin, go with the C4 buddy. Lasts 12 months +.

Chem Guys New Look Trim Gel vs C4 on the S3;

View attachment 52819

In terms of beading quality, think wax vs sealant. In terms of longevity, think sealant over wax. Awesome product.

Liking that C4. I've tried that AG one before, but it had worn off by the time I had washed the car again..

Clean with APC, wipe down with IPA, apply, buff off, beadage for 12 months +

Nuff said my friend!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
£28 for 15ml! FLOL! EH Nae chance!

But you'll spend £7 on autoglym, have to re apply it every week and it goes fcuking everywhere.

JD recomended it to me and its s**t hot stuff.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's the best bar none, doing textured parts is the work bit of detailing. Buy C4 then sell it on, you won't need it again until 12 months later!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I might have to give this C4 a go if it's as good as it looks.

I've been using AG Bumper Care and as said, it does look good and beads well but I have difficulty applying it to large areas evenly, such as the standard black plastic dynamique spoiler.

Quick note to all C4 users.

MAKE SURE THE AREA IS CLEAN.

The process is not, "just dab it on, it'll be reet".

Rinse down car, wash car, clean area thoroughly with APC and a soft detailing brush, wipe down area thoroughly with IPA and ensure area is completely dry. Apply a very very small amount in small circular motions. Don't leave it, just buff off immediately (doing an area like one side of the scuttle panel at a time is fine).

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Everybody says that but it's an initial outlay.

Buy it, apply all over the car then sell it for £20.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Had you considered removing them and painting them satin black? Did that on my old 172 trim and looked fine.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
attachment.php

Imo a massive difference between the 2 products. Oh and that NLTG washes off after a decent wash. :eek:

Had you considered removing them and painting them satin black? Did that on my old 172 trim and looked fine.

Due to the trim being plastic, you will never get as good a finish and it will chip badly. I've been down that route!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Stoddie had some awesome stuff Tina. Can't remember what it was called tho. Small bottle, expensive. Ask him.

I don't have any plastic fortunately and for the little ammount i do i use blackfire. I tried that BlackWOW, but it wasn't any better.

Chem Guys New Look Dan. Or bob across the pond and I'll apply some C4 for you once I'm down in Londres.

Stoddie had some awesome stuff Tina. Can't remember what it was called tho. Small bottle, expensive. Ask him.

I don't have any plastic fortunately and for the little ammount i do i use blackfire. I tried that BlackWOW, but it wasn't any better.

Ok will do. Like I said, if my car had plenty of black plastics I could maybe justify it more..