ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a new exhaust

Clio Trophy ,EFI'd 5GTT

:(ive really been trying to avoid at all costs spending money on my CUP apart from tyres and fuel that is.

ive had my cup for 2year and its got 17000k on the clock and today noticed that the exhaust is blowing like fcuk does any1 no if this will be covered under the warranty ?

rather than renew the full system with a standard reno job chi ching !!! what other options do i have ?
any 1 have any recommendations ?

im goni need to get it up on a ramp and have a good look see which part it is thats blowing ....

Normally the exhaust is only covered for one year but it depends how and why the exhaust is leaking if its down to a manurfacturing defect they may cover it.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by 17too cup on 20 December 2004

:(ive really been trying to avoid at all costs spending money on my CUP apart from tyres and fuel that is.

ive had my cup for 2year and its got 17000k on the clock and today noticed that the exhaust is blowing like fcuk does any1 no if this will be covered under the warranty ?

rather than renew the full system with a standard reno job chi ching !!! what other options do i have ?
any 1 have any recommendations ?

im goni need to get it up on a ramp and have a good look see which part it is thats blowing ....

Possibly rusted in the same place as mine ~ the weld between the back box and the centre bit! Once up on the ramp the mechanic noticed that the other bit would go pretty soon so I had a complete Magnex system that worked out cheaper than the ordinary Renault one (discount from Demon Tweeks).

Weeman sucks ****

worth a try, mine is 2 years old and my cat has fallen apart inside and im getting a new one under warranty next week. i will be getting a full decat system asap though;)

try prospeed or someone similar, you could probably get a stainles system for about 380 snots.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

My exhaust fell off 30 miles after me buying the 172 a month ago. To have a new back box put on by Renault will cost approx £180 - £250 , mine was £242, luckily the dealer that sold the car to me paid for it. They didnt have the exhaust in stock and even called 5 Renault main dealers and they didnt have any either so had to leave my car there 2 days.

The sound it was making before it fell off was awesome, after it was fixed it was dead quiet again.

If i were you Id be carrying some high temp duck (or is it duct??) tape in the car incase yours falls off, along with a mole wrench incase you have to take it off mid journey.

Oh, I was told by Renault no to drive it more than 2 miles with the exhaust off, as the fuel lines run parallel with it, and the tin foil looking heat shielding under the exhaust may burn.

Weeman sucks ****

its only inside. i had a bit replaced before for the 4k rattle aswell.

i got roadside assistance anyway, if it falls off then they can have my car delivered when it doesnt suit them...which suits me fine as they messed up my booking.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 21 December 2004

worth a try, mine is 2 years old and my cat has fallen apart inside and im getting a new one under warranty next week. i will be getting a full decat system asap though;)

try prospeed or someone similar, you could probably get a stainles system for about 380 snots.
If you ring up John at Demon Tweeks you will get a stainless steel one for MUCH LESS THAT THAT!!! My Magnex was only £276 delivered!!

Clio Trophy ,EFI'd 5GTT

thx for the advice guys

i went into the dealers today its going in on thursday and as far as im concerned it under warrenty so im goni stick to ma guns see what happens no way the exhaust should be splitting at the welds after 17000k miles itlooks like its all just ready to crumble .

if i was going to keep it i would not hesitate in getting a stainless for it but under no circumsizes would i put a scorpian on they r the most resrictive exhaust on the market.....

i spend enough money on my 5 and dont want to go down the tuning route with another car ...

reason ive never joined is im already a member of the rtoc

http://www.rtoc.org/members/member.asp?MemberID=10675http://www.rtoc.org/members/member.asp?MemberID=10675