ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a new key from Renault, how much?

Evo
Took key fob apart after it stopped working thinking it was a dead battery but to my surprise the actual button has fallen off the circuit board making it useless. I'm going to try solder it tomorrow but the contacts are so small I doubt it'll work.

Need the car for work and locking it manually is a PITA ( oh how we've all become lazy with technology ) so worse case scenario how much am I looking for a new key all programmed etc. from renault? Will they need to keep the key or car whilst it's cut/programmed etc or is there a database with key maps on?

Clio 200T
Keys are cut in France and sent over, dealer would need the car for around 45 minutes to program the key to the car once it had arrived.

They take about 5 working days to arrive as well.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Ebay a virgin key. £20.
Have timsons cut it. £20.

Get a garage to program it. £25 - £50

Renault Clio 1.4 16v
Had the same problem with my spare key, I know its a bodge but I made sure the contacts of the switch and on the PCB still touched and super glued it to the board.......job done and works a treat you just have to be a little careful putting the cover back on :)

I discovered last week that since clip has been updated, they've removed programming on the immobiliser for ph1's. You can buy the keys pre-programmed with new blade direct from Renault for ~£150

Evo
Bought a virgin key off eBay for £30 and can get it cut locally just need somewhere to code it, if clip can't do Ph1s anymore what about a run of the mill snap on diagnostics tool etc?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Bought a virgin key off eBay for £30 and can get it cut locally just need somewhere to code it, if clip can't do Ph1s anymore what about a run of the mill snap on diagnostics tool etc?
Find someone who has a non updated clip? ha

RenaultSport 172
When my key broke I sent it off to a guy on eBay who charged £10 to fix it. Worked perfectly when I got it back.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
I had a new key made up for £90 this year by Chris in Leeds on 07768911249-excellent service, and he's part of a franchise network so I am sure he will have a colleague in Essex.

Ph1
I discovered last week that since clip has been updated, they've removed programming on the immobiliser for ph1's. You can buy the keys pre-programmed with new blade direct from Renault for ~£150

Do you mean a Renault dealer or actually Renault direct?

I inquired about a new key all programmed up and it was going to cost £215 from a main dealer.

For some reason mine will not open or lock the car yet starts it no problems