ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a uprated clutch for Rsi 350hp+

rsi
Hi folks,

This is an rsi seeking for high power rated clutch that can support more than (350 hp +) Does any body have any suggestion?

I found techniclutch and OMP which the seller says it is 300hp rated that I think its BS. but I need more range than that anyway. if you have suggestions and know the links etc. Please share with me. Thank you.

image026wh5.jpg

Lionel Richie
sod the clutch, you need a box that can cope with that!

what engine is it?

we supply Helix clutches, but we''ve never taken them over 240bhp NA

rsi
its turbocharged with garrett GT3076R and fully rebuilt with forget internals. we can not go higher than 1 bar beause the clutch cover slips. with the previous t25 it didnt have that problem until 245 hp at 1 bar

rsi
fred, Do you also have 300mm-315 or 325mm brake kits for RSI on yozza?

I am located in Turkey so I dont know the UK market

rsi
yes it is but I guess it is same as williams and the clutch is 200mm which is same as R5 TURBo as well ( I am nt 100% sure about the r5)

Lionel Richie
well RSi's have a JB3 gearbox (along with R5 GTT and clio 16V) williams use the stonger JC5 box (identical to look at), we have quite a few high powered R5 GTT's and turbo charged clio 16v/williams over here, some are up around 300bhp

i'll look into it tomorrow, it'll have to be a paddle clutch

rsi
Yes definately, I will wait to hear from you I want only paddle clutch anyway. Since there is only 2 williams in TURKEY i never had a chance to know that it was a different gearbox. Not only the clutch but alsi the tension of clutch cover is important. I am actually looking for a setup near 450-500 hp

rsi
reputation, track, drag and exposition.. I owned since 99 changed 3 times color and style. we are two professionally installed f3 series engine in Turkey the otherone is sick but he has the same clutch problem.

rsi
I have the 245 bhp I will upload the video to youtube when I transfer to my computer some day but not the new one. I cant go on dyno or on the road for accurate tuning because of clutch.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Have a look on www.volvo-480-europe.org
maybe you'll have more luck using a volvo 480 gearbox. theres a 480 with a t3 turbo and a supercharger combined, still using the volvo box and it's a straight swap for the rsi box.just need to put the volvo clocks in there or a pair of renault 5 clocks to retain the speedo as its electronically driven on the volvo. join the forum anyway mate, there's answers there to alot of your problems.

2005 Nissan Navara
why not fit a megane 2.0 flywheel...its larger diameter..and an uprated clutch to suit that.

2005 Nissan Navara
should fit in bell housing no probs, yes.

Its larger than the williams/r5 item, so the clutch will hold more torque.

What ecu are you running?

rsi
im running stock right now but I fitted Haltech E8 I posted this info on the 1 st page,

but after the fitment of flywheel I still will need a uprated clutch :)

2005 Nissan Navara
only reason I ask about ECU, and i do apologise for not seeing this info, is the trigger pattern on the fly.

It could be worked arround easy enough tho.

2005 Nissan Navara
Fred, do you know how calculate what torque they are capable of holding? If not just ask.

easier for comparison then....

rsi
the pressure is the most important thing. the weird think we feel that the clutch is slipping, but we dont smell any burn or we dont see any smoke neither.. if there are better clutch for megan, than we can probably consider to put a megane flywheel .
But wairt, I just remembered that an RSI has installed a f7r megan clutch to his own flywheel by doing small modifications. let me find that out because he was very happy about it!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
The clutch slip is limiting the amount of load the gearbox has to take. Will getting rid of the clutch slip mean the gearbox will break?