ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a uprated clutch for Rsi 350hp+

2005 Nissan Navara
the pressure is the most important thing. the weird think we feel that the clutch is slipping, but we dont smell any burn or we dont see any smoke neither.. if there are better clutch for megan, than we can probably consider to put a megane flywheel .
But wairt, I just remembered that an RSI has installed a f7r megan clutch to his own flywheel by doing small modifications. let me find that out because he was very happy about it!

The pressure is one of the factors which determines a clutches ability to hold torque without slippage. The others are area (determined by diameter and number of faces) and coefficient of friction.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I don’t think there is a clutch that would mount to the rsi fly that wouldn't slip after a few runs. Even if it held up at first. There just not big enough for the torque.

I would be looking to change to a bigger fly and clutch, meggy has a 215mm fly. But im not sure if they fit in the bell? Then its just finding a Kevlar paddle clutch with a s**t load of pressure LOL!

172 cup TT
Shows just who really are the "big boys" on here when a chap pops on and starts this off - 350 out of an rsi? whilst everyone else is piddling around with an extra 30 from an RS... great car, hats off to u son.....

None
We need more threads like this :D

I know its off topic but is there anywhere I can see more info on this car and who supply the forged internals etc??

rsi
I built this car so I can give you info that you need. this isnt 350hp car by the way we dont know the max. 245 was proven thats it , because we need clutch. the slipage occurs at 4th gear mostly because until the end of 3rd the 3 gears are useless so the car just burns tires. The cool thing renault engines produces very high torque at low rpms. I got 80 whp at 0.4-0.5 bar only at 3000 rpm where the turbo spools actually. so since the power comes so early the tires starts spining very quick and looses all 3 gears. but when it comes to 4 th thats where the car starts to hold the road and slipage occurs. since there is a load on tires it produces better pressure and the clutch slips... if it doesnt slip I dont thing the transmition will brake, than the car will run:)

2005 Nissan Navara
Theres a few clutches that aremore tham up to it on std diameter.
Theres a lad not far from me with a TRUE 350-400bhp williams engine...his is clutch for one should be up to the job.

so can i ask how its went from 350+bhp..to 240bhp?

rsi
The thread is asking for a 350+ hp clutch it doesnt say anywhere that the rsi is 350 hp...

what is the clutch you are talking about?