ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need advice.... quick.

Got a small cut in my tyre, only a tiny bit of rubber has peeled off, about 1 cm deep and 4 cm long, most probably smaller.

is it ok to drive on, it wont need changing just for this small damage will it?

Mégane RS
depends where the cut is, but 1cm deep does sound a little dangerous especially at high speeds

it might not be 1 cm, its like i have got a cheese slicer and sliced a piece off the side, a small slither, still worth changing?

Volvo S60 T5
if its cut through the cords then get it changed ASAP, but if its just the surface rubber it should be ok.

The MOT manual allows for cuts upto 25mm that are not deep enough to expose the cord.

Bin it anyay IMO. How much is a blow out/you/outhers lives worth.
The only time you'll ever agree with me though for definate is if you ever (unluckily) were to have a blow out at high speed.
Even if you only injour yourself or the car you'll always think what if someone had been there and how stupid a mistake saving a few pounds like this is.