ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need an alarm for a v6

What do you recommend I get and how much?

I don't want anything really fancy with remote start blah blah blah.

Just something that does what it says on the tin.

Chris

P.s - where fits them?

ST
Toad AI606 mate...go to a GOOD fitter to have it done properly, you can add lots of extras to the AI606 also....tilt sensor, glass break sensor, proximity sensors, headlight activation, window roll up etc.

I can't seem to get mine to go off. I've tried opening the windows,sticking arms through, opening the doors from inside whilst locked etc.

Theres no sensors on the A post's so I don't know if one is fitted.

ST
Ah maybe not then....

For me it'd be a Toad AI606 or a Clifford Concept 650 both cat one and will work well if fitted properly.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I have the Toad 850T fitted to mine Chris ,its a Cat 1 alarm and it adds on to the factory fitted immobiliser so you still use the original key fob .Had one fitted on my old 172 , now got one on my new 182 . Its got the normal ultrasonics plus a glass breakage sensor so if somebody taps on the glass it will go off .Never had a problem with mine .

Give this guy a call . He's a mobile authorised Toad fitter . He came all the way from Newport Pagnell up to Lancashire to fit mine .

His names Dennis . Tel 07980221525

id go for a Clifford Concept 650 cat 1.

I had one fitted to my MK2 172, it comes with blackjax anti hijacking so if someone robs your keys from your house or jacks your car from you you can guarantee they will not be getting far, maybe 5/10min walk from where they set off from, kills the ignition and fuel if they dont enter a seperate code.

great piece of mind if your in a V6. Ive had no trouble so far and it has all the usual bells and whistles. I paid £380 fitted with an extra £80 for a window module

Last edited:
  1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Cliffords are a b**ch to fit and if fitted badly are a nightmare. If you get a clifford, make sure its fitted by someone who knows what there doing, with many years experience.

Megane225FF
Toad Ai606 gets my vote.. not missed a beat on my 172 in the 2 years its been fitted. No false alarms, proximity sensor's a nice feature too, warns off any scally gawping through the windows..

That sounds alright ^.

I've went to an auto electrician today that the company I work for uses.

He recommended a laser line alarm. he said its as good as a toad, does the same thing but not as expensive.

He did say it would cost me £265 inc fitting for it hmm.

He said toads are good but expensive. He also said cliffords are a pain in the arse and always screw up.

The car was originally from europe but the first registered keeper was a renault dealer in the UK.

Megane R26
The Toad can be priced anywhere upto £350, which is silly when you can readily get it for £250 fitted.

I would defo go for Toad over Laserline.

If you do go with that guy, give him a call on his mobile, bypass eBay, and he normally throws in a few extras...

Megane R26
Nope, not myself, but two of my mates have about 2 months ago.

I would have had one fitted to my Fiesta, but I'm changing it for a 182 next month, so there seemed little point.

I have seen his work on both cars, and it's absolutely faultless. Included in the price, he will come to wherever you are and install it (within an 100 mile radius I believe).

I would happily vouch for him on behlf of my mates.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
smc in shrewsbury are a toad dealer mate, not a million miles away from you?

Mk2 Golf GTI
Chris elt me know if you go with the bloke from Dudley! I've just mailed him how much tilt sensors would cost.

I'll probably go with him if he's legit.