ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need CCTV on my car asap!

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Getting really paranoid now....my mates car got done over a couple of days ago and now 2 cars have been broken into the same way just opposite me!! Sounds like the same people that did it as well cos of the method they used....crow bar out the top of the door frame and reach inside to open it. The cars they have done are old and im fairly sure they wouldnt try mine...most of the cars on my estate are nice ones tho...theres an rx-8 and a tvr t350.

Basically i need to sort something out asap, dont really know much about cctv and wondered if any of you guys did. I need a camera thats weather proof and wireless...my estate is well lit but i think id still need infa red? Also, is it possible to have motion detection and record to my lap top some how?

Would really appreciate some help on this one please guys :)

i know a bit, only thing is you can get wireless cameras no problem decent wones as well but they still need power! so you always gonna have a wire. If you can get power for it then have a look for network cameras they publish the footage straight through your broadband link to a webserver.

Or a cctv capture card off of ebay for £20 then you can have up to 4 cameras connected to that including wireless ones.

Hard part is getting a camera close enough to your car or with a good enough lens so its a good close up picture without it being accessible to the pikey chavs!!! you definitely want a digital computer based one otherwise you always gonna be replacing the vcr tapes!!

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Quote: Originally posted by noel-pilot on 03 October 2004

Hard part is getting a camera close enough to your car or with a good enough lens so its a good close up picture without it being accessible to the pikey chavs!!!
Thought about that mate....i might get one of those dummy ones and put it on display kinda thing as a deterrant, then hide the real one. Im well shocked tho cos this is all happening a bit too close to home for my liking! Im in a nice area in bristol and ive had no problems for like a year but im getting a bit worried now!

Cheers for the info guys....gonna be ordering some gear first thing monday!

dont want to put a dampner on it mate, but the cctv may act as a deterrent to some people, but if they really want to do the damage they will whether theres a camera there or not. youll also need to think about lighting...would you be able to recognise someone enough to id them, if they were filmed in the dark? prob not unless you pay serious money. feel really sorry for you...its not nice being para about stuff happening to your car....i know ive been there.

perhaps you should move house instead ;)

You can get camera housings from Maplins you could then install a PIR security light (to illuminate the area) and web cam inside the housing to record it.

or (assuming you have one) you could empty out your garage and park the car in there. you could even set up some kind of projectile launch system to fire garage rubbish as the pikeys if they set foot on your driveway. Or you could just buy a years supply of red bull and a .50 cal sniper rifle and take those sons of b!tches down.

Ta, Andy

andys suggestion ref garage is prob the best one.
even if you dont have one yourself speak to the council see if they have any locally to you. Im in hatfield, herts the home of the most townie chav people in the entire world!! i got a garage 2 minutes from my front door for £7 a week, well worth it for peace of mind!!

don't

If u want 2 keep the car outside m8 then I think a gd deterant would be 2 just get a couple of very bright sensored lights

my m8 has a really bright 1 on his house, assoon as any1 is 10 metres away from it or even further it comes on and stays on 4 about a minute, its really bright and it would deff put off some theifs if all of a sudden they were brightly lit up imo

would be cheaper option and alot easier 2 do would it not???

just my thoughts anyway m8

Yea.. CCTV is great, but youd need night vision and youd have to stay awake all night for it to work..

Get some big bad lights and a good alarm/immobiliser.

Trophy #473

try Screw fix, they have infrared CCTV cameras with a sensor that starts recording when its triggered, its about £99 quid i think, they have a selecton of them http://www.screwfix.comwww.screwfix.com hope thats of help.

nathan

Hello,

Be carefull, your video may not be admitable in court if you do not clearly state that video recording is in operation on your property. There was a case I was told about where a theif, sorry a suspected thief, broke into someones house, they got him on camera. He sued, and won, for unlawfully videoing him.

We have a crazy "justice" system.

Paul

wot about the tried and tested method of clifford cat 1 system, and a cctv system from b&q aint much my mates got 1 linked to a tv & video & a motion activated spot light. u should try living near loughborough. the theifs are everywhere and the coppers dont want to know. cliff looks after my car!!!!