ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help asap!!

172 Cup

Im desperately trying to install my new Kenwood KDC-M7024 HU. Ive connected the blocks ok and the aerial is connected.

How the hell do I get all of the wires out of the way so the HU will slide back into position?!?! Do I have to start taking the dash/facia apart to guide the wires out of thw way??

Pleas help before I snap soemthing!!!

Easiest way is to removed the top dash, you can then get to the lefthand side of the hu and pull the cables through there out of the way!

naaaaaaa griff! f**k that! i have same head unit!

just run as many of the car wires to the side the wires come out the back of the HU!

there is that dodgy piece of plastic in the way! just run them under neath that! JUST BE PATIENT! it pissed me off as well!

172 Cup

Perhaps the Cup dash is different to the Mk2 but I simply cannot get the HU more than half way in. Going to get it into the garage and get the dash off!!

172 Cup

LOL I meant Im moving my car out of the rain into MY garage. But thanks for the concern :)

Lee

BMW M2C

I got half way through taking the top off mine to get the autochanger cable out, but decided against it in the end. I was worried Id end up damaging it before the trade in. LOL

If I hadnt seen Rich take his one appart in less than 10 minutes then I think Id have been a little apprehensive about doing it, but it is so easy!

fitted my HU 2 days ago, i agree with h3lter, just follow the wires back to where they came from and start pushing them back and tuck them in under the plastic that the HU sits on...

i have a cup, fitted my HU in less than 10mins...with no dash removal!!

Nice, I had to take the dash off with mine as well as the external dc-dc coverter was getting in the way. Not to difficult when you know how to do it!

172 Cup

Got to sign autographs with something!! ;)

Cheers for all the help tho guys. Just going to soak my hands, cut my knuckles to sh1t.