ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help badly on track rod ends

clio 1.2 16v
Can anyone shed some light on how the hell you get track rod ends off....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364555645.282103.jpg
I'm not sure what bit you undo.. Is there a lock nut up on the end or is that attached....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364555718.665553.jpg

If anyone knows please help as cars going nowhere! Even better if someone want to come take it off for me for cash??!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Tht securing nut at the end just crack it off, once thats loose the TRE should come off.. Dont loosen that nut to far though or at least remember how far you turn it.

clio 182
Put thw track rod end back in the hole and nip the nut up.then put a spanner on tye back nut and crack it off.it dosent look like its separate but it is

BG 182
Dude I got a guide on stubborn tre's in guide section. Looks like your gonna need some flames to budge that though

BG 182
Get an axle stand or similar, place track rod end onto it and get a pair of mole grips onto the track rod end and clamp to stand. Then with a spanner and hammer try to beat backnut loose. For the end, steelson adjustable onto the rod and sitting on ground, then molegrips + large tube to unwind end.