ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help deciding

Hi All - I am new on here & I have just signed up because I am shortly going to get a Clio but am having a mare deciding which one to go for. I am stuck between getting a 172 cup OR a 182 as I think they are both sweet cars... I would appreciate a bit of feedback on opinions of the two from actual owners as I dont know what to go for...

Cheers :D

cheers badinvincible, it definitely will be one of the above as I have test driven the cup and liked it alot but then they brought out the 182...

_KDF_ - huh?

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Theres nothing wrong with buying new cars, as long as you get big discounts!! IMHO its gotta be a 182!!

182 looks like a good improvement on the 172 (not just the 10 BHP) although some dont like the new appearence as much !! But that decision is up to you !! The depreciation on a 182 will be greater than a cup but they may have actually cured the 4k rattle !!

At the end of the day the descion is yours !!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Ive gone for the 182. Newer car, possibly cured the problems of the 172 Cup, great handling, performance is still there, only slightly slower to 60 yet with all the perks of the normal 172 non cup, inlcuding ABS, Climate control etc etc. My only problem now is the damn colour! :cry:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by d_ano on 27 February 2004

_KDF_ - huh?
Threads like this normally end up in a bitching match between 172 and 182 owners versus Cup owners.

I actually really like the exhausts - different... (I assume that is what you mean when you say some people dont like the appearance??), I just dont know whether to forefit creature comforts for speed.

Also - how much longer are they making the cup for?

BTW what is the 4K rattle?

The cup finished production a while back (november I think) although there are unsold ones out there.

The 4k rattle is a 172/cup uniqueness the exhaust rattle at ~4k there are ways to fix it its just another folly of owning a Clio

If you want a racer get the cup

If you want more luxury then get the 172 the differecne in speed is minimal just 0-60 realy but a good 172 friver will keep with a poor cup driver on the dash.

When there rolling there little difference though.

Cup owners seem to get wound up easily probably cos because they didnt pay the little bit extra and get a better car which is just as fast. (watch the cup owners kick of on this comment)

EDD

Cheers for the replies all - I think I am gonna have to test drive the 182 so that I have something to compare to the cup... I know what I am gonna do this weekend :D...

I didnt want to (potentially) start a ruck over a car!! - just want advise thats all.