ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEED HELP! Glowing cat?

1992 1.4 Renault cli
i hav put my car back together as i replaced the head gasket and i started it and it sounds rough as f**k it revs fine and pops abit then the revs die i looked under the car for exhaust leaks and the cat was glowin red hot, does any1 hav any ideas?

1992 1.4 Renault cli
the belt has nuthin to do with fuel injection, thats preset in the ecu for engine load an revs aint it

1992 1.4 Renault cli
i220198945_98469.jpg

this is the cat glowin u can just see it

Exige S1 + Honda S1
wow that looks quality,

u have temp gauges or anything? to see what they are saying? like your water or oil, sure you reconnected everything 100%?

1992 1.4 Renault cli
im am sure its all connected bak correctly i dont know wats goin on it revs fine and comes out the back fine just sounds abit rough and the engine shakes a bit

1992 1.4 Renault cli
rite today i hav fond out that 1 of the clylinders isnt firing i hav check the plug and lead and they r fine so i dont know wats goin on

tiTTy & SV650
coil pack? how did you check the plugs? just unscrew at make sure they were sparking? if so fair enough, not coilpack.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
where abouts in the head gasket coz its a new head gasket
The head gasket is under your valves they some times blow if you put it in wrong its easily done you need a new one!!

Nah, doubt it.

Anyway, how did you conclude that a gasket failure would cause the cat to rise to extreme temps?

Last edited:
  Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
To much air getting drawn into engine and unburnt fuel is going into car and burning, if its used for to long a new cylinder head or it will cause meager damage to the engine.