ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need Help In Diagnosing New Illness for Clio

just developed a rather strange problem with my clio that is irritating the bejesus outta me...

get this...my car farts!!! yes FART...

you see, whenever i get into my clio, turn on the engine and begin to move off, without fail each time, within 10m, my clio lets out a rather loud POOOTTT sound...comes from the engine bay...could it be some pump problem??

have not detected any problems during driving though save for that horrible noise...

anyone encounter this before? and what the heck could be causing it?

capt? benr? anyone? please help

it farts!!!!
ahaha,sorry have to laugh! i would laugh everyday!

is it a creaky poot noise, or a leak of air poot noise, or a squeek?

can you record it for us!!

so funny yeah...but it was a huge pain in my butt pardon the pun...

it is more of a GNNNNNGH part 70% creaky, part 30% air leak kinda sound...

okay, figured out what the problem was after bringing it to my renault temple...took a while though cos they checked the suspension, the engine internals...2.5 hours and finally checked the ABS!!!

it was the blasted ABS pump/unit...if the bonnet is open and i was sitting on the front of the car and i started it and moved off, could hear the noise distinct coming from the ABS pump or whatever they call it...crystal clear...

bringing back to the renault agent here in singapore to claim under warranty...they could not do it today due to lack of time and i didnt wanna leave it overnight...tomorrow morning then...hope that they can have it done within 1 day though...

can finally sleep tonight...phew! *big sigh of relief*