ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help with iPod connection

Yozza'd Black Gold 182
Hi people having problems getting my iPod to work with my stereo and could do with some help please. I have made a lead like the one described in this thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=208004&highlight=182/meggy+aux
But it does not seem to fit in the back of my stereo, I've got the standard head unit
StereoFront2.jpg

But the connections on the back seem different to the ones pictured in the thread.
My connections
StereoConnections1.jpg

Sorry for the pic quality taken on my phone.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
You need an adaptor, like this,

ipod.jpg

It goes in where the CD changer normally plugs in.

Yozza'd Black Gold 182
What the plug won't fit the blue socket?

You have to clip the two plugs together for the both to fit.

No mate I've tried all sorts to get it to fit

You need an adaptor, like this,

View attachment 20424

It goes in where the CD changer normally plugs in.

I thought about this when I looked at it but I've got a changer in and wanted to keep it, but looks as tho that aint happening, unless there is a way of combining the two leads?

Yozza'd Black Gold 182
So i guess you use the same pins as in the green connector, one for left audio, one for right audio and the the ground?
Whats the white wire for in the pic you posted, I pressume the others are the ones i mentioned above?