ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help !!

Nissan 350z + 206 Dturbo
Ive been posting about ths over the last few months but hee goes!!

Dustbin cart hit my car may 5th ..
direct line sent it to uk assistance !
It has now been back to them 7 times because quality of work and new damage while in there
possesion!!!
Picked it up this morning got it back home now the central locking doesnt work and the lock on the passenger side is knackerd ,wont turn :mad:
recovery just picked it up and now its dry can see loads more damage and the quality of the work is still crap...

Need to know what i can do as directline dont wanna know and im stuck
im realy peed off and feel like biting someone
ive lost all day today waiting in for the recovery people and lost nearly 5 months tax
and also paying for a car i havent had :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Nissan 350z + 206 Dturbo
i just wish today it would have been done and all this could go away its stressing me out bad:dapprove:

ive had the car a year last week and 4 months of it was there lol

Monaco 172 (5/468)
wasnt uk assistance in castleford was it ?

Took mine back over 4 times after mine got damaged, they resprayed my roof and when it came back it was the wrong colour :S and they missed some work, the b*****d even drive it back from there works to my home address 20 miles away.

Second time it came back, still missed the work what they missed the first time, badges on the wrong way round.

Direct line didnt want to know.

Third time service and airbag light on, wtf is it with these people.

Went back again refusing to fix the airbag light as they said it was on before they took it and it wasnt.

ended up taking it to renault and payed for the outstanding work myself

Good luck fella hope you get it sorted out

Nissan 350z + 206 Dturbo
nah went in for scratch on bonnet and new passenger side xenon....
now its had............
both doors sprayed
both wings
new front splitter
new front bumper
new front window rubber

all due to extra damage every time its come back
now yesterday it came back with .............
silver paint on passenger skirt
two dents on both doors
central locking mashed
paint defect on drivers side wing
scratches on drivers side skirt
rear passenger side bumper looks like a car has brushed passed it
and thats what i could find in the rain

BMW E46 330i Touring
Very vague to say Direct Line don't want to know mate, if they've arranged the repairs with this bodyshop then surely they are still the point of contact if work is unsatisfactory?

Nissan 350z + 206 Dturbo
mate spoke ta caroline burrows at direct line
Woman who deals with uk assistance complaints....
asked her when it came back the 3rd time what i can do as im not happy with it going back there...

she said "what do you want me to do..if you cant get em to do it rite what chance have i !!!!!!)
she then said if you dont like it heres the number to the onbusman (spelling )

man i was sooo angry

M2 Competition
Crikey, thats a lot of work for a scratch on the bonnet and a new xenon unit.

Id be down there creating merry hell until it was perfect.

Clio 172
I had problems with repairs to my car, isurance company dont want to know, so back in January wrote to the ombudsman and STILL waiting to get case investigated!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Don't take what she's said as the 'official' line mate, phone her up again and ask to speak to her manager.

Be polite, accurate and to the point. Explain that you would like them to assess the quality of the work and, if they are not prepared to do that, you would like to take it to an alternative company.

Worth a go before kicking up all sorts of hassle and delays by going to the ombudsman, trust me.

Clio 200
shame uk assistance insurers wont pay out on this one :(

id get a independant engineers report and send it to direct line / repairer and advise you want it sent else where for the damage to be rectified along with the cost of the report reimbursed

Nissan 350z + 206 Dturbo
done exactly as you said mate on the 5th time
and told me to get a few quotes
which i though excellent cars gonna get done ...
no one wanted to touch it !!!!
one company gave me a quote and direct line and uk assis refused saying its cheaper if they
do it themselves !!!!

Titanium Clio 182
sod filling in forms!
call the insurance ombudsman:- 0207 964 1000

Explain the nature of your complaint.
They'll ask lots of questions.
They'll write to your insurer.
Things will get moving.
Remember, regardless of the quality of the repair work, your "contract" for insurance is with Direct Line. You want them to act appropriately to settle your complaint.
I know you're probably pretty angry at the repair place, but they're only acting on instructions from your insurer.
I'm guessing that the place that's had your car in is their "nominated repairer".
For nominated repairer, read "the insurer gets kickbacks for work they feed them".

Nissan 350z + 206 Dturbo
cheers for your help guys
just really peed off as you can imagine
aint been in my car now for 4 months:mad:

vaux cavalier
Phone a local solicitor and find out if they do a free 1 hour consultation, if they do then go have a chat....

I would be looking at compensation for;

1, Lost Road tax...
2, Lost insurance...
3, All transport fees...
4, Inconvenience...
5, Stress...
6, Depreciation of vehicle due to all repairs to damage caused by the repairers...

You pay insurance so that none of the above happens, don't let them get away with it....

Clio 200
insurance policy more than likely wont cover inconvenience/stress and depreciation (unless prooved to be sold at a loss)

but agree with the above may be worth seeking legal advice CAB is a good start

vaux cavalier
insurance policy more than likely wont cover inconvenience/stress and depreciation (unless prooved to be sold at a loss)

but agree with the above may be worth seeking legal advice CAB is a good start

You misunderstand mate, take whoever is responsible to court and sue for compensation, when you enter into a contract of insurance its two sided, you breach the contract & the insurance company will either cancel your insurance or refuse to pay on any claim you may make, its only fair that they are accountable also....

They stipulate that your vehicle will be repaired to a certain standard within a certain time frame, this hasn't happened....

If you were responsible for nominating the repairer concerned, & you questioned the quality of that repair, would the insurer pay the bill???

If your not happy with the service your receiving then you should complain, you should also realise it isn't your fault, you should not suffer in any way, be it financially or otherwise....

Did you take legal cover with your original policy??? If you did then this legal firm is contracted to act on your behalf, they have been retained by you to fight any legal claims made on your behalf or against you from a third party.....

Don't let them rest, phone everyday, log each call and add the cost to your claim.....Tell them your considering legal action against them and the repair centre, each person that fobs you off, ask to speak to their boss....

Good luck mate....

Clio 200
I work in insurance and if I autherised repairs through in this instance uk assistance and the third party (player2301) was not happy with the quality of the work, its NOT a dispute that I would get involved with as his argument is with the repairer and NOT with us who autherised it.

If you are simply looking to claim from the insurer for compensation for stress etc more than likely the policy wont cover it and if they were to entertain that claim then you would obviously need to proove that.

You are fully entitled to have any financial loss covered i.e the road tax / insurance etc only if you werent in a hire car cause technically you havent lost out. Although you are in a position to claim loss of use if you were not in a like for like car but be aware they wont pay very much for it.

You are as wallop said fully entitled to have the repairs carried out to your satisfactory standard but you have to remember who you are claiming from for each part of this.

Quality of work - Uk assistance and not the autherising insurer
Financial Loss - The insurer themself.

Nissan 350z + 206 Dturbo
called directline today they are not interested one bit !!!!
uk assistance appologised and they are doing the work on the car as we speak and all the new damage
and this time i got a sorry from uk assistance
They dont understand how this can keep happening :mad:

Clio 200
direct line have no part to play in the quality of work claim bud its uk assistance and as you can see they are doing their bit to help

Direct line will only take to do with financial loss suffered and you are fully entitled to claim loss of insurance/tax only if you were not provided with a hire car cause technically you havent lost out.

BMW E46 330i Touring
But, surely if the insurance company authorises the work of a particular repair shop then they've stated that the shop's work is of a certain quality!?!

I can understand the insurance company deciding its not their responsibility, that's hardly a surprise, but I'd be interested to see what the ombudsman ruling would be.

Clio 200
nah because how can you hold the insurance responsible for the work when it wasnt them that carried it out?

yeah in a way that is what they are saying but they cant be held accountable for someone elses work can they?

would be the same as you asking your best mate for the name of a bodyshop to go to - he recommends one and they dont do a good job on the car who are you going to blame your mate who told you to go there? or the people who actually done the work?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Fair enough, but you're not asking the insurance company if they can recommend somewhere; they have sent you there as their choice to complete any work that needs undertaking.

Clio 200
no but what has happened is the insurance company have recommended a repairer they use.

Direct lines part of this is to pay for the repairs they obviously cant control the quality of the work the bodyshop puts out so only one person can sort it i.e uk assistance.

the contract for the repair is with uk assistance and not direct line but the financial side of it is where direct line come in.