ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**NEED MECHANIC NORTH WEST** CAN ANYONE FIT A REPLACEMENT ENGINE IN MY CLIO 182?!

Renault Clio 182
Evening all,

I recently popped my engine on a track day in my clio 182. I have a replacement engine.
I am looking to see if anyone on here would be able to/or know anyone in north west, preferably close to macclesfield as possible to fit my new engine? Thanks

When you say 'popped'...

.. do you mean you melted it into a solid lump of metal?

Or broke a cam belt and smashed the valves?

Or blew a hole in the side of the sump?

I guess what I'm saying is that if it is just a top-end needed, you could do that yourself.

Renault Clio 182
Evening, thanks for the reply.
I will be honest, I am not mechanically minded enough to even know really what it does/doesn’t need. I am just after abit of guidance/help with the best route forward.
My guess is that a belt snapped, as it was only a very faint noise before the engine “let go” and died, I don’t believe the engine is cracked or has any holes in it etc.

What would your suggestion be?

Renault Clio 182
When you say 'popped'...

.. do you mean you melted it into a solid lump of metal?

Or broke a cam belt and smashed the valves?

Or blew a hole in the side of the sump?

I guess what I'm saying is that if it is just a top-end needed, you could do that yourself.

18 minutes ago
I will be honest, I am not mechanically minded enough to even know really what it does/doesn’t need. I am just after abit of guidance/help with the best route forward.
My guess is that a belt snapped, as it was only a very faint noise before the engine “let go” and died, I don’t believe the engine is cracked or has any holes in it etc.

Renault Clio 182
19 minutes ago

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Birchdown Autos in Malpas are the go to specials around these parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Contact Ben at VTEC Direct in Winsford, him and Twiggy are brilliant. They did an engine swap on my DC5 last year and they service plenty of Renault Clio RS models so know their way around these cars. I'd take it for a leak down test first see what's happening. You can message VTEC Direct via Facebook.