ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need New Front Brakes..

yeah, wouldnt mind seein how thick my discs are, 24mm new, need to be 21.8 to be legal.. Jamie told me he could tell if they were legal by looking at them..

Burgandy 174 sport t
Im wtg on mine, only I actually have no brakes at the mo. And like someone said if u can lower the car and fit an exhaust brakes are a doddle

I need to change mine as well, was driving a mates 1.4 clio the other day and the stoppers on that were far more effective then mine :| worrying

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've had a few courtesy cars , clio 1.2's , 1.4's and the brake always feel a bit sharper . I think its something to do with having alot less weight in the engine compared to the 172 / 182's .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Patrick_g46 said:
^^^^^^ haha! something wrogn mate if 1.2 brakes feel better then ur 182!

Having owned both 172 and 182's mate and driven 1.2's and 1.4's i can safely say that they do seem to brake better . As i said , its because they only have tiny little engines ;) so there's fcuk all weight to stop :rasp:

I suggest you ask a grown up if you can have a go in one , thats if they are daft enough to let you :clown:

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
MRBILLYUK said:
Having owned both 172 and 182's mate and driven 1.2's and 1.4's i can safely say that they do seem to brake better . As i said , its because they only have tiny little engines ;) so there's fcuk all weight to stop :rasp:

I suggest you ask a grown up if you can have a go in one , thats if they are daft enough to let you :clown:

na i dnt think i want to downgrade frm a 2.5 v6 into a clio:rasp:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Patrick_g46 said:
na i dnt think i want to downgrade frm a 2.5 v6 into a clio:rasp:

.........and then the boy woke up from another wet dream :approve:

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
MRBILLYUK said:
.........and then the boy woke up from another wet dream :approve:

did u? what were u dreaming about? :eek: just 2let u know yes i do have 1.4rt under my profile but i drive my dads car wen im going on long journeys :rasp:

Clio 172 mk2
I was always under the impression that quicker, heavier cars had bigger brakes and discs up the back unlike 1.2 & 1.4 models etc.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Patrick_g46 said:
did u? what were u dreaming about? :eek: just 2let u know yes i do have 1.4rt under my profile but i drive my dads car wen im going on long journeys :rasp:

Awwww i'm so pleased for you . Hope you don't forget to pack your opal fruits and your wet wipes , or did your dad do that for you as well :clown:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Tyson-182 said:
Don't the 172/182's have the 1.2/1.4 brakes at the rear ;)

Tyson.

You'll find out what brakes they have at the rear when you come to change the discs , then you'll wish they did have 1.2/1/4's lol ;)

little update for anyone who cares, measured my front discs, and they are sittin at 23mm, and maybe have slight corrosion on the lip.. any ideas?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Nice one Justin . I thought it sounded dodgy needing new discs after just 11k , what about your pads mate , what condition are they in ?

Tbh mate i'd get back onto the dealers who said the discs need replacing , ask em why and tell them they can replace them and the pads under warranty , tell them your gonna phone Renault UK about their recommendations , they might do it for free then ;)

Looking at the pads aswell, they seem fine, i dont know what they were on about... was out last night, and slammed the brakes on, all was fine, no fading, pulling one way etc..

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
justinRT said:
Looking at the pads aswell, they seem fine, i dont know what they were on about... was out last night, and slammed the brakes on, all was fine, no fading, pulling one way etc..

I'd ask em them why they recommended the discs need changing , ask them what measurement they got , then if its way out from your measurement tell them what you got . Say something like your going to call Renault uk customer services for some advice , call their bluff and see what they say . You never know , you might be able to blag something free out of em . At the end of the day , how many other people have they recommended that work needs doing when it doesn't . Sounds like a licence to print money if they are conning the public .

cannot find any info on shed motor sport.

the web site also does nothing.

Shed is a very bad name for a motorsport company imo.