ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need some advice on what Alloys to buy?

Black 1.2 Extreme
Hello

I have a Renault Clio 1.2, it is the "Extreame" model 54 plate in metallic black

I have recently fitted it with, sub, amp new speakers and headunit etc
Now i want to move onto some alloys as i currently only have the standard wheel trims

Ive had a look around and there are afew which a particually like which i will post below

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_759337_langId_-1_categoryId_165649

and also the standard Clio Sport wheel

If anyone can like m to any others they would reccomend that would be great, and also what size would you reccomend i get? 17"? Will the first wheels make my car look chavy? as i certainly dont want that

Im also thinking of getting my clio lowered but im unsure on how much to get it lowered by as i live up a track and dont want it scraping on the lumps and bumps

Any advise would be much appreciated, Sam

NO NO NO NOT Ripspeed!!

15" are better 1) tyres are cheaper 2) 17" tends to look too big

Standard clio sport wheels are good people on here prefer the oem look really

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
Awful wheel choice, if you want a cheap set 17's you can have these for £60

Team dynamics/100+ fusion

Image441.jpg

Black 1.2 Extreme
Why not ripspeed?

how much would you reccomend i get my car lowered by?

standart clio wheels look okay but i was wanting something abit darker, but not black as i think that would look stupid with black on black

Ripspeed are crap quality and very chavy image which you said you dont want

35mm would be alright probably depends how bad the lumps and bumps are?

Black 1.2 Extreme
ahh okay fair enough, yeye i was thinking about 30mm, what would you reccomend then because i am wanting reasonably dark coloured rims

really iv know people with them and the qualitys been crap and i know people with team dyamics and the qualitys really good. strange perhaps just a couple bad sets