ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need some help deciding on colour - votes please

right I have ordered a new megane R26 in black but now Im not so sure - gonna be a b**ch to keep mint and fancy something more fun so red is now on the cards - what do you guys think

heres red
IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_3799.jpg

IMG_3854.jpg

IMG_3848.jpg

this is the same on both colours but red brakes look good with red paint i think
IMG_3861.jpg

or black

meganer26black.jpg

cctdperformance753noplte.gif

Black looks better but I'd still take the red for ease of looking after.

I've had a black car once, never again...

Breaking A 172 Replica
Liquid?

What about the bluish colour (a bit darker than arctic), there is a guy near where I live with an RS megane in this colour and it does look very nice.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
out of those 2 it would have to be red mate, get it done!

stands out more which is good for the car, good choice!

Liquid?

What about the bluish colour (a bit darker than arctic), there is a guy near where I live with an RS megane in this colour and it does look very nice.

That would be better than the red if I was chosing, I like the black but you would need to be a keen to keep it clean! I like all the Blue Renos.. the 182 and 197 look really good in Blue as well...so would think the Megane would look good too.

Found this pic.. looks nice imo.

_28874.jpg

cant get that blue in the R26 - I like the blue (ultra Blue) but not as much as black or red. Silver is also good but not good enough. Yellow is definately out - although I like it Im not paying £1200 extra to have a yellow car. There is the option of paying £1200 and you can choose any colour so white was tempting but I think its gonna be red.

Red just stands out a bit more - its a good car so why hide it!

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
cant get that blue in the R26 - I like the blue (ultra Blue) but not as much as black or red. Silver is also good but not good enough. Yellow is definately out - although I like it Im not paying £1200 extra to have a yellow car. There is the option of paying £1200 and you can choose any colour so white was tempting but I think its gonna be red.

Red just stands out a bit more - its a good car so why hide it!
I'd say black - but I'm biased - that's what my Cup is!

That blue above is the ultra blue. Orignally on the first F1 version, but that pic above has the first F1 stickers.

Black is not too hard to look after. It's just a case of getting the right gear. I pre-washed, washed, dried, applied glaze then waxed it in 2 hours and it looks mint. If you use the right gear you'll not get swirls or owt and it'll look great.

Get a wool wash mit, use 2 buckets and a pre-wash, plus dry with a waffle weave towel.

For more info, have a look on the detailing world forum, or we've got a few megane owners who love to clean over on www.meganesport.net

Monaro VXR
I reckon red but my car is red too.

Although reason I say red is cause it shows off the subtle styling cues a little more. Such as the wing mirrors.

Also think it shows the lines of the car off better.