ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need some help from the States (: V6 Clio bolt on upgrades?

2003 Phase1 V6 sport
Whats up guys,

I'm sure you have a bunch of guys from the US on this forum lol...

Just bought an illegal as sh*t ( In the US ) 03' phase 1 V6 Sport and was wondering if there was any nice bolt on upgrades, intake, headers and ecu flash, etc that are available?

Any help would be amazing

D

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Why can't you drive it over there, what are the tight laws etc?

Tuning potential isn't massive on them, and belts will be due!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Why can't you drive it over there, what are the tight laws etc?

Tuning potential isn't massive on them, and belts will be due!
They have similar laws for the skyline IIRC? Not sure why, maybe to do with the emissions.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Anything grey import is illegal. It was to protect their precious motor trade from civilians importing their own vehicles. Like we do here in the UK with Jap imports etc.

Unless it's over 25 years old, and has historic merit. Hence, R32 Skyline values have sky rocketed, as they can now legally be imported to the states.

Occasionally you could circumvent the rules, by importing a bare chassis as a 'kit car', and then rebuilding it.

Paul Walker had a load of 'illegal' jap cars in his collection, but there's nothing stopping you warehousing them and trailering them to track.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
So, because Renault have never (I think) had representation in the US, all Renaults would be 'grey' and therefore illegal. Would be interested how the OP did it ! :)

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My dissertation is boring, so I'm looking this up.

They had a Renault Dalphine (whatever that is) many years ago!

2003 Phase1 V6 sport
Americans are stupid. No offence OP.

All americans are stupid i don't think you needed to point that out! I'm not the brightest broom in the closet...

My car is coming from AZ so it may be the car that your boy knows about... i have dealer tag, I'm just planning on terrorizing neighborhoods around here lol

So there is no eco flash or "chip" or cai?

2003 Phase1 V6 sport
All americans are stupid i don't think you needed to point that out! I'm not the brightest broom in the closet...

My car is coming from AZ so it may be the car that your boy knows about... i have dealer tag, I'm just planning on terrorizing neighborhoods around here lol

So there is no eco flash or "chip" or cai?

I also have a r5 turbo series 1, renault did have a road going version of the series 2 for us market

2003 Phase1 V6 sport
Bought it from a dealer on a bill of sale no title lol

SOMEONE HAS TO HAVE A ECU UPGRADE FOR IT!

Attachments

• 1275_646aa7f0d4_low_res.JPG
    1275_646aa7f0d4_low_res.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 133
  Clio with a body kit

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Whats up guys,

I'm sure you have a bunch of guys from the US on this forum lol...

Just bought an illegal as sh*t ( In the US ) 03' phase 1 V6 Sport and was wondering if there was any nice bolt on upgrades, intake, headers and ecu flash, etc that are available?

Any help would be amazing

D
Hi, I ran into a guy who owned one and he had a few other renaults too, I don't suppose you're in Arizona are you?

2003 Phase1 V6 sport
Also, if the belt breaks does it bend the valves? And sorry to bug you guys but where would I buy a belt, looks like I'm going to do a little DIY don't want to blow my junkers up first time a take it out lol

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Also, if the belt breaks does it bend the valves? And sorry to bug you guys but where would I buy a belt, looks like I'm going to do a little DIY don't want to blow my junkers up first time a take it out lol
I believe you'll need the tools? Or are they different on the v6?

2003 Phase1 V6 sport
Lmao didn't think I would need those! I have full time mechanic that manages my collection, he should be able to figure it out. I'm assuming I need specific renualt tools for the job?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Engine needs to come out to do the belts on a v6 :eek:penmouth:

You are best off importing a kit and the tools from the UK.

You might want to try and get hold of the Renault technical manual for how to change the belts.

It's going to cost you quite a lot.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
How much did you pay for it?

Over here dealers are asking in the region of $30,000 for one.
If you got it dirt cheap you could probably make a bunch of cash selling it back to Europe :up:

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Welcome you need too join the v6 forum as it has lots of info on parts,specs of cars and general very good information on the cars
The forum at present is very quiet but there is a wealth of knowledge on there.Many parts are becoming unavailable Eg shock absorbers,ball joints body panels etc