ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need some help - Got a PC dont know what polishes to use

Bought my dad a PC polisher for christmas - he used it today for the first time on his black X3 BMW - he said it looks brilliant but still would have expected better - still got some swirls. He did say he was a bit nervous using it (didnt want to burn paint) so that might be why but I think a lot of it is down to polishes used.

He used
Sonus Swirl remover (came with PC)
Megs 3 stage system but missed out no.1 as used swirl remover

Has Wax left to do but wont really make any difference to the swirls etc

Any ideas or recommendations? also I notice from other threads that people are not too keen on the 3 stage system and also that it is not supposed to be used with a PC so what should we use?

Thanks
Tim

106 GTi
Megs stage 1 is a chemical cleaner, Megs stage 2 depsite the name polish is a Glaze so neither will do much for the swirls.

The 3 main popular routes polish wise are:

Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Finish(s)
Poorboys Super Swirl remover (SSR) Range
Meguiars #83 and #80

All work well.

For me, the Menzerna's are the most difficult to use but produce the best results in cut, gloss and finish.

When I first got the PC I tried both the Megs and Poorboys routes, I got on better with the SSR's when first starting out so stuck with them. Poorboys SSR 2.5 should be enough to correct most defects.

106 GTi
Orange Green and Blue are the DAS ones.

Works fine on them though, but I tend to use the Intensive Polish on a the White SFX polishing Pad and the Final Finish on DAS Blue.

When I need some more cut the I use the IP on DAS Orange and Yellow SFX. The Denser yellow SFX provides a little more cut than the DAS orange.