ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need some new rear shocks

Clio Sport xxx
Just had an MOT re-test, after having to buy 4 tyres and rear discs n pads, only for it to fail AGAIN!!! Miraculously between the re-test and the original test a rear shock has decided to piss out oil.

Just wondered where would be the best place to get them. The chassis is standard apart from some Eibach springs - the lesser dropping springs out of the sport/pro lines - i can never remember!

Renault charge £46.50 + vat
ECP charge £25.50 + vat for Bilstein gas shocks

The guy at ECP claims that these gas shock match or even out perform the OEM shocks. Would this be true?

Can i expect better or worse handling from the Bilsteins?

Cheers

C

Cupster

I changed both at the same time with OEM about a 18 months ago. No probs since.

Get what you pay for imo! May out-perform, but for how long?

Clio Sport xxx
Well the stock shocks have only made it to 50K miles, so if Bilstiens will last 25K+ miles at half the price i'll be happy.

Anyone know the torque settings for the shock bolts?

Clio Sport xxx
Well, it turns out rear shocks for the Clio Sport are dealer only parts. I only found this out 1 HR before my MOT when i was trying to fit them and noticed that the piston rods were slightly bigger dia. and the overall lengths were about an inch longer then the stock items. I found out by calling ECP and getting them to double check part nos. and it was then they confirmed they didnt even stock the right shocks! This is despite my insisting they double check they are the right part on two seperate occasions.

Never the less, I fitted them anyway just to get through the MOT, and i will get some from the dealer to fit this weekend, as well as get my money back from ECP.

They seem to ride nicely enough though, better then the old fooked ones anyway.