ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need to go lighter!!

TERNC 197
Hi all,

I've gutted my 172 ph1 of pretty much everything apart from lower dash and those tar strips.

Firstly how do I go about removing those strips?

Secondly what else can I do for low cost to shed the cars weight?

Thanks guys

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hi all,

I've gutted my 172 ph1 of pretty much everything apart from lower dash and those tar strips.

Firstly how do I go about removing those strips?

Secondly what else can I do for low cost to shed the cars weight?

Thanks guys
To remove the tar strips you need a hot air gun and a scraper. After that you need thinners to remove the residue.

When you say removed everything, are we talking standard seats as well and replaced with bucket seats? After that your into fibreglass panels, but they're not massively cheap in the grand scheme of things.

TERNC 197
Yes standard seats are gone and replaced with buckets fixed to subframes to avoid use of runners. I'll give the tar a shot with a hair dryer lol

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
you could cut out all the left over brackets that are no longer needed, poly windows, gut/cut out all unneeded metal from the doors and tailgate but for the weight that will be saved its not worth the hassle (in my opinion of course)

Listerine & Poledo
Remove the handbrake mechanism
Remove the headlight clusters.
Take a dump before you get in the car?