ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need Tyre Advice Please

MK3 1.2
At the moment on my 16" OZ Supers I have Toyo T1R's... 195/40/r16

But the problem is they are too low profile for me as Dudley have terrible roads.

I would like to know what tyres are Cliosport favourites?

P.S if anyone wants my toyo's then you can have them £200 for all 4 (Almost New)

:D

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
205/45 is about as big as you can really go on a 16" rim, its unlikely to make a massive difference compared to what you have.

What suspension are you on?

MK3 1.2
205/45 is about as big as you can really go on a 16" rim, its unlikely to make a massive difference compared to what you have.

What suspension are you on?

At the moment im on 30mm Apex lowering springs but hopefully in around 3 months ill have AP coilovers on

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
At the moment im on 30mm Apex lowering springs but hopefully in around 3 months ill have AP coilovers on

Hard suspension is more likely to be the issue, especially if your dampers are knackered as it ends up crashy.

MK3 1.2
Hard suspension is more likely to be the issue, especially if your dampers are knackered as it ends up crashy.

Had all new dampers when i had the springs fitted as the ones before were original and knackered. I might see what they are like once im slammed and then ill figure something out. Thanks for your help though

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Apologies didnt realise it was a mk3, you can probably get a lot bigger profile tyre on there then, sorry I just assumed it was a mk2.

The 200 for example is 215/45/17 IIRC

So based on that a 205/50/16 at least should look ok.

MK3 1.2
Apologies didnt realise it was a mk3, you can probably get a lot bigger profile tyre on there then, sorry I just assumed it was a mk2.

The 200 for example is 215/45/17 IIRC

So based on that a 205/50/16 at least should look ok.

Sorry mate i should have said.

Do you have any recommendations tyre wise?

MK3 1.2
TBH for road tyres the T1R arent too bad anyway IME.

Is it just a road car or trackdays too?

Its just road pal. And tbh they are really good, especially in the wet but the profile lets them down. But i cant argue for the price i payed for the alloys with these

ff cup ur 200
conti sc5 are worth a look mate mine are about fooked now but they have done 16k on the road and 2 dry track days and one wet, cant fault them really.