ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need tyres ASAP

Meg 300Cup
Went into the garage to have my tracking looked at because the car had been pulling to the left and felt weird round corners, the bloke said the tracking was only a tiny bit out, i knew i had 2 different tyres on the front and was planning to match them anyway but he said thats why it feels like s**t, one budget AVON and one Continental Sport, both of which are on their way out. The Rear Pirelli P Zeros arent looking too good on the insides either but they arent desperate yet.

So just need to get at least 2 tyres just to sort out the front

35 miles a day on beat up B roads
Mainly looking for Dry grip because i drive slow in the wet anyway

For some reason the Parada in 15'' is 50, but in 16 its almost a hundred, where the T1R is only 63 on camskill (if thats the cheapest?), ideally no more than 140-150 for the pair, then i have a mate thatll fit them for me

Also not sure if i need 195s or 205s, i have 205s at the moment but every auto tyre search says 195/45/16

Cheers

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I got 195 45 16 Yoko S Drives for £60 each. Not a bad tyre, not the best in the wet but not bad for £60! Hankook 'v somethings' seem to get a good rap on here.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
You can get 195 or 205. I preferred the car on 205 when I had 16".

Tbh anything over 15" is expensive, I'd just get a good brand that will last and fork up the cash. My pe2's have done 12,000 miles and are still legal so they're quite good value really.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I got 195 45 16 Yoko S Drives for £60 each. Not a bad tyre, not the best in the wet but not bad for £60! Hankook 'v somethings' seem to get a good rap on here.
V12's. Last I heard they were difficult to get hold of as they're so popular.

Btw I'd avoid toyo t1r - personally hated them. Horrible tyre.

Meg 300Cup

Would there be a massive difference between 195 and 205 on the front? 60 for sdrives sounds like a bargain, even though they wont last that long

dont be a pikey :p just get some decent rubber atleast

Point me in the right direction and ill see what i can do :p lol

V12's. Last I heard they were difficult to get hold of as they're so popular.

Btw I'd avoid toyo t1r - personally hated them. Horrible tyre.

Are these the right ones? http://www.camskill.co.uk/m62b0s344..._V12_EVO_HANKOOK_K_110_-_205_45R16_87W_XL_TL_
read something about them having a really soft sidewall? if that makes any difference

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Only had my Yokos for 3k and they're as good as new, but can't comment for 12k yet obviously! I always remember Yokos as a soft tyre years ago though.

I had some 16" Vredestein Sportrac's on my last ph1 and they were awesome tyres for the price. Dunno how much they are tho.

As long as you don't go for some chinese w**k like Sunny or Sunew, etc it should be ok in an emergency.

Meg 300Cup
Think ive narrowed it down to a few now

Vredestein Sportrac 3 £70 for 205s, £60 for 195s
Hankook V12 £67 in 205s
Goodyear Eagle F1 £73 in 195s
Yoko SDrives £60 in 195s
Yoko Paradas £91
Toyo T1R £63 in 205s £50 in 195s
Maxxis MAZ4S £60 in 205s seem to get good reviews

or another option is to get a set of black Rota Boost 15'' alloys with t1r's off ebay

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The other option means you'll have s**t wheels and s**t tyres!