ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need Urgent Advice

I currently have a clio rsi and am thinking about getting a wait for it New Fiesta 1.6 Zetec.

I can get them with a 25% discount because my nan works for them.

What do you all think?

It is going to cost me £9k all in.

It is a 1.6 engine which isnt brilliant, but is good enough as i live in london.

Fully alarmed, A/C, 16" Wheels, Heated Windscreen etc.

It should cost £12k, but i get my 25% discount.

It runs at 100 Bhp and 0 - 60 is about 10 seconds.

Obviously I will buy a new exhaust system, chip it etc so hopefully get it up to around 150 Bhp

Do you all think this is a good buy?

Quote: Originally posted by psheath on 03 April 2003

It runs at 100 Bhp and 0 - 60 is about 10 seconds.

Obviously I will buy a new exhaust system, chip it etc so hopefully get it up to around 150 Bhp
and a turbo?;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

It looks like an old fiesta had sex with a focus and this is the offspring.. not my cup of tea but its in no way an ugly car.

How are you going to get 50BHP from an exhaust and chip ?

*edit* damn.. clean 16v posted before me..

I know what i would buy if i wanted to spend 12k as well.

I can get this for 9K on intrest free credit. Its a no brainer really.

I will make more changes then just the exhaust and chip.

Also get it tuned as well. I am sure i could squeeze 50Bhp out of it for not a lot of money.

Does anyone know anyone intrested in buying an RSi?

hmm, to be honest mate i think you would struggle to see gains of 50bhp, but anyway, if your arsed about performance, i reckon the RSi is your best bet!

To be honest i am not that bothered about performance to be honest.

I want a new car and this is a nice looking car and a good deal so that is why i was after opinions.

I will still kit it out with all my ice and stuff so it will be good.

Any other advice is gladly welcomed

i quite like it!!

what will you do about the registration? i take itll have to be in your grandmas name to enable them to give you the discount??

It is nice isnt it.

No it will be in my name. She can get discounts for any family member so they have just added my name to the discount scheme.

I am going to sort it out on Saturday and hopefully it wont take long to arrive

Astra 1.9cdti XP

I like it! Go and get one, youll not get anything better for £9K

Nice alloys, colour etc. I do like the new Fiesta

I am going to have a test drive on Saturday and then if all is good i will order one.

It will be sad to see th RSi go, but its a bit old now and starting to need work doing.

I reckon its got tonnes of petential in terms of making it look nice...

A bit lower and some bigger wheels and youve got a miniaturised aggressive focus looki-likey... and we all know how good they look.

Only thing being you wouldnt be able to touch it until your warranty ran out... or if youre not bothered about that then off you go.

I agree with you.

I get your point on the bodykits etc, ford do a really nice looking bodykit for it and i can get that at a 25% as well.

So i could well be onto a winner

Cant believe no-ones pushed the clio alternative.

1.6 16v 10bhp more 1/2 sec of to 60 and cheaper. Easily got for £8600

Only downside i can see is only 15" wheels.

For £8600 i also got a proper sunroof and air con