ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Negative camber adjustment

Clio 172 Cup
I'd like to have 2 degrees of negative camber at the front. Is this a straightforward adjustment on a 172 Cup or is there more involved?

Anyone recommend a good place to get this done within Thames Valley area (would probably combine this with a service to make it worth while)?

Cheers
Dan

Mk2 172
I'd like to have 2 degrees of negative camber at the front. Is this a straightforward adjustment on a 172 Cup or is there more involved?

Anyone recommend a good place to get this done within Thames Valley area (would probably combine this with a service to make it worth while)?

Cheers
Dan

And why do you want 2 degrees??? Road or track???

Clio 172 Cup
Track - hill climbs/sprints. Added stability on cornering is the primary reason for the adjustment - by maximising tyre contact on the tarmac (at least through the wheels taking the most punishment through the corner). Supposed to make a good bit of difference.

Mk2 172
Track - hill climbs/sprints. Added stability on cornering is the primary reason for the adjustment - by maximising tyre contact on the tarmac (at least through the wheels taking the most punishment through the corner). Supposed to make a good bit of difference.

Yeah thats a good reason but what tyres are you using? are you running standard suspension? if so its not adjustable. there are lots of things to take into consideration before changing camber. yes it can give better turn in and grip etc but if the vehicle spends most of its time on the road then running lots of camber is almost pointless due to the fact that you will never push the cars limits to benefit from using 2 degrees neg.

Clio 172 Cup
Mmm. I'm going to use soft compound V70a during the summer - but not yet totally decided on the camber adjustment as the car will remain on the road throughout the year.