ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

neil’s cup vs scooby - vid required

can anyone find me the vid clip of neils cup (i think) when he polished off a couple of scoobies?

thanks very much in advance

Martin

I have it on my PC at work. Back in tommorow, so if someone hasnt put it up by then, I can e-mail it. PM me your addy Martin.

Mac

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Was a monster thread that one both on here and Scoobynet...never did watch the clip though. Should be a good watch....

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

sh*t that thing is fast. Killed them. Whats he done to it? Whatever it is hes done it well!!

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

^^^ how much would that cost for a 172 mk2?^^^

i wanna be that fast

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

I fancy some of that! Can ya let us know the details of all those mods please. Beating a scooby like that is impressive

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 11 January 2005

IIRC Big Dave had supersprint, R-Sport and Viper/BMC...
At that time he had the standard airbox back on, was running 14.3 with Neil doing 14.1, both every quick clios!

cheers all!!!!

sent it to a mate who has a scooby just to let him know that theyre not invinsible!

awesome time there for Neil eh!

thanks again.

Martin

Yeah it goes not bad for the limited mods, gave my pals Cavy Turbo (13.6 1/4 mile) a real scare below 100 mph (pulling on him) and kept within 1 car from 100-120 (on a private road in different lanes ;) )

Clio 200 Cup

Are there any other cup owners on here that have got close to a 14.1 quarter mile? Or is Neils just one seriously quick anomaly?!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by stevoversteer on 12 January 2005

Are there any other cup owners on here that have got close to a 14.1 quarter mile? Or is Neils just one seriously quick anomaly?!
Chris n Nicss Cup had done the same sort of time with the same mods....

A Euro'd one...

Quote: Originally posted by Psychomods on 13 January 2005

has K-Tecs KTR260 Project done a 1/4 yet? If so what time did that get?

Very fast Clio there!
Yeah id like to see that too...

How fast can it hit 0-60, 0-100mph ?

255 V6 Black Gold

i wanna do a proper 1/4 mile run

i have the same mods, except mine dont have a r sport chip BUT mines complety de cated,

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Mick_172_cup on 14 March 2005

i wanna do a proper 1/4 mile run

i have the same mods, except mine dont have a r sport chip BUT mines complety de cated,
R-sport makes a pretty big difference IIRC gives a fair amount of torque and raise the rev limit to 7.8k(ish)...

255 V6 Black Gold

yeah i didnt mean as in i wanna do one cuz i think mines faster

would just be good to compare...... can you still buy them r sport chips??

also i have a gtec meter, and i got 164 bhp @ wheels with my mods.....so i really one get a chip to up it some more

MKIII 138

would just be good to compare...... can you still buy them r sport chips??

also i have a gtec meter, and i got 164 bhp @ wheels with my mods.....so i really one get a chip to up it some more
can you still get the chip ? if not whats the alternative if you have induction, exhaust (sportscat/decat) for remapping. where would you get it done ? could GDI do this ?

Golf GTI Ed30

Is it just me, or does that 1/4 mile strip go seriously down hill? Im assuming thats Crail? Not taking anything away from Neil of course, thats one quick Clio. But id love to see what times it does at Pod or York.

Faster than mine? hehe bring it on ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Vtec Abuser on 15 March 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Is it just me, or does that 1/4 mile strip go seriously down hill? Im assuming thats Crail? Not taking anything away from Neil of course, thats one quick Clio. But id love to see what times it does at Pod or York.

Just the angle of the camera...

255 V6 Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 15 March 2005

Faster than mine? hehe bring it on ;)

nooooo you took it the wrong way

someone miss read me when i said "i wanna do a proper 1/4 run" thinking i meant that my car was faster than yours....and the above quote you have is just a shortened way of me saying "i didnt mean that i wanted to do a 1/4 run becuase i think my cups faster than niels, cuz i dont think it is"

[Edited by Mick_172_cup on 15 March 2005 at 8:15pm]

Has no-one noticed Neils in front by the end of 2nd gear?? 2nd gear in most cars equates to around 62mph.

Does that tell you the scooby driver is a numpty nuts or neils car is capable of a sub 5 sec 0-60 run??

Let me wonder?? Hmmmmm???

Drivers, not cars, is all that is shown here!!

And Neil wants to get himself down south as i guarantee that 14.18 would easily be 14.5 at the pod.

VaVa

I hate to say it, but I agree with Mitchy. Both Scooby drivers seemed to f**k up the 1st/2nd gear change. Whereas Neil seems to be a very capable 1/4 mile pilot.

Certainly a quick little f**ker though. 14.2 is not to be sniffed at.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

well all i can say is iv gone from a 205/ton 2.0 mk1 clio that ran mailto:14.1@york">14.1@york (and mailto:14.3@pod">14.3@pod) to a 276 bhp wrx scooby doo thats run mailto:13.3@pod">13.3@pod

off the mark the clio wouldnt have a prayer providing the scooby was on boost. but once rolling in 2nd the clio would have given it a very good run for its money up to 90/100 for sure! but up to 60 the scooby should be in front. the wrx is down as 4.9secs to 60 in standard trim. i timed the clio as 6 seconds exactly to 60 (on the clocks) thats fully stripped out to the max.

top end the scooby fookin flies, and will do 150 no probs, but the clio also pulled like a mofo up to the limiter at 134.

4x4 can take a good 0.5 off the 1/4 mile time, and the torque above 80mph is what makes the difference, but there is transmission loss, and extra weight.

If i were lined up at pod next to my old clio, I would be crappin it lol

Low 14s in a front wheel drive car is a very respectable time if you ask me!