ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Netflix comes to UK in 2012

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You accessing Netflix uk through the internet menu on ATV or Plex/XMBC plugin?

I have got a login and can view on my iMac but when I try the plugin through Plex it doesn't work and through the internet menu on ATV it asks me to sign in then just says not working come back later.

Internet menu.

RIP Dan
Mmmmmm it no worky, just keeps saying come back later even after I have logged in.

Any ideas?

Thanks btw.

RIP Dan
Location was set in USA, changed it to London and left set automatically to off.

Reset ATV and logged out of Netflix on ATV, logged in and when I go into it under internet menu it lists genres, search and logout, if I go into genres it says unavailable try later.

1.8 Civic EX
ok so I'm quite tempted to switch over to this from Love Film.

Currenlty paying 4.99 p/m and getting 2 blu-ray films a month....or I could swap to NetFlix for 5.99 p/m and stream as much s**t as I like with no limits? I'm assuming it is possible to stream HD with NetFlix?

I will be using it through the xbox, iPad and a couple of iPhones). Does it have to be via Wi-Fi or could it work with a decent 3g signal too?

I had a look on thier site yesterday and the content looked a bit pap, only like 50 films and a few tv shows, most of them being old. Assuming I'm missing something here?

AK

M240i
I'm happy with the current content TBH. It's much better than Lovefilm and no doubt they'll add more.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I worked for Lovefilm once upon a time. They're limited by a lot of copywrite laws and interestingly they said Sky has exclusive rights to most movies for anything from a couple of months to a couple of years depending on the film/publisher.

I imagine this would apply to Netflix too and might suggest why they have such terrible online collections. I imagine if they 'could' have every movie ever released, they would.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Californication is available for streaming and is a programme I've always wanted to watch, so far I'm enjoying it.

Citroen DS3 DSport
When I searched for Scrubs last week only Seasons 1-3 were available, over the weekend this increased to include Seasons 4-5 but on checking now it appears to be back to only 1-3.

Z4
Is there? You can get most things on iplayer/4od etc now anyway, and you're only a google away from downloading most things for free.

I can't justify paying for it, in terms of films it's pish poor

Citroen DS3 DSport
I always said if there was a affordable way of viewing content that I wanted to see then I would definitely pay rather than obtain via downloads etc. Netflix offers me this opportunity for a very low monthly fee.

TBH I didnt think I would keep it past the free trial, but for me there is enough content for £6 a month. Id almost go as far as saying its better than what I get from sky who I pay a lot more to.

Sure if it gets to a point where I cant see anything I want to watch each time I go to use it I'll cancel it. Beauty of rolling contracts.

RIP Dan
TBH I didnt think I would keep it past the free trial, but for me there is enough content for £6 a month. Id almost go as far as saying its better than what I get from sky who I pay a lot more to.

Sure if it gets to a point where I cant see anything I want to watch each time I go to use it I'll cancel it. Beauty of rolling contracts.

Exactly, I'll do the same.

Watched Best of The Best the other night, memories lol, loved that film as a kid....dont know why watching it again!!. Eric Roberts looks very much like his sister in that film.

AK

M240i
Unlucky.

Works flawlessly on mine.

Only tiny pain is the episode select menu etc. bit of a pain.

Whats peoples thoughts on this so far?

Decided to sack off Sky Movies, as rarely watch it, and this appeals to me as can stream on my laptop and xbox.

AK

M240i
I'm loving it. There's plenty for me to watch.

It almost makes the 250GB of stuff I downloaded over Xmas redundant, lol.

I've been using the trial tonight.

It's ok, but I won't be paying for it. The series are too old. E.g Dexter is 4 series behind.

A couple of movies are quite recent (Buried, The Switch).

If the content was new, I'd pay £20 easily for the content.